Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

2k SLI 570 new sandy Bridge Machine, opinions please help

Last response: in Systems
Share
April 8, 2011 2:44:14 PM

Ok this is what we have so far and Im kinda liking it but I would like some feedback and opinions please.

Case: Haf X http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119225
PSU: Corsair Professional 80 Plus Gold 850W http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139015
Mobo: ASUS P8P67 DELUXE (REV 3.0) http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131701
CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k 3.4 (3.8 Turbo) http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115070
Memory: GSkill Ripjaw DDR3 2200 two kits of 4 gigs each (8 gigs total) http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231436
GPU: (I love palit they always have nice custom coolers and OC cards) Palit 570 Fermi 1280mb OC two of these running SLI http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814261097

The machine runs around 1950.00 with some extra cooling and case modifications, I also have a fan controller ect. in there but I still need to find a good after market cooler for the CPU which should bring me to 2k.
April 9, 2011 1:53:25 PM

talimore said:
Ok this is what we have so far and Im kinda liking it but I would like some feedback and opinions please.

Case: Haf X http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119225
PSU: Corsair Professional 80 Plus Gold 850W http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139015
Mobo: ASUS P8P67 DELUXE (REV 3.0) http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131701
CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k 3.4 (3.8 Turbo) http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115070
Memory: GSkill Ripjaw DDR3 2200 two kits of 4 gigs each (8 gigs total) http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231436
GPU: (I love palit they always have nice custom coolers and OC cards) Palit 570 Fermi 1280mb OC two of these running SLI http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814261097

The machine runs around 1950.00 with some extra cooling and case modifications, I also have a fan controller ect. in there but I still need to find a good after market cooler for the CPU which should bring me to 2k.



Some changes and more information. The added information is that I already have a monitor, Im using an ASUS 120 hz monitor with a 3d kit and I am currently using it and will be using it when I upgrade. I'm also taking two of my current 1.5 TB Hds into the new machine but I will be buying a SSD 60gig to go with it for boot and some applications. Another thing I have to add is that I have speakers, keyboard, and mouse.

Anyway here are the reworks to the machine, everything stays the same except the following (PS machine is at 2400 at the moment but thats ok):

Added a fan controller: NZXT Sentry http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811992006
SSD HD: Patriot 60 gig http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820220511
CHANGED THE MEMORY: Patriot Viper Extreme DDR3 2000 (NOT 2200 like before) 16 gigs total (2 kits) http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820220535
Added a blueray and DVD Roms
CPU COOLER NEW: Cooler Master V6, its more silent and has nice LED to match case http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103089
m
0
l
April 9, 2011 6:04:36 PM

That RAM cooler with CL9 is a gimmick that does nothing more than make noise.

If I had your budget and I was looking for ascetics along with performance I would do something like this....

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?Ite... Combo Discount: -$25.00 Combo Price: $319.98
ASUS SABERTOOTH P67 (REV 3.0) LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
G.SKILL Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 14900) Desktop Memory Model F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR

or....

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?Ite... Combo Discount: -$35.00 Combo Price: $309.98
ASUS SABERTOOTH P67 (REV 3.0) LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 14900) Desktop Memory Model F3-14900CL9D-8GBXL

And seeing how the hyper threading with the 2600K does more to hinder than to help in regards to gaming... 2500K is the obvious choice imo...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?Ite... Combo Discount: -$18.00 Combo Price: $381.98 $10.00 Mail-In Rebate Price After Mail-In Rebate(s): $371.98
COOLER MASTER HAF X RC-942-KKN1 Black Steel/ Plastic ATX Full Tower Computer Case
Intel Core i5-2500 Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX80623I52500

And then I wouldn't wait on the SLI, just do it.... dual factory over clocked gtx 560's in SLI ftw. Two of these cards eat up and spit out a gtx 580

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... $239.99 (Before $20.00 Mail-In Rebate Card) x2
GIGABYTE GV-N560OC-1GI GeForce GTX 560 Ti (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

Now a psu that is quiet yet gives you plenty of juice for that build....

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... $129.99 - $109.99 after mail-in rebate
XFX Black Edition P1-750B-CAG9 750W ATX12V v2.2 / ESP12V v2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS SILVER Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply

And for a h/s that's quiet , has a nice red LED, not to mention it's a top ten rated cooler on Frosty Tech....

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... $79.99 FREE SHIPPING
ZALMAN CNPS9900MAX-R 135mm Long life bearing CPU Cooler Red LED
m
0
l
Related resources
April 9, 2011 6:37:34 PM

Why_Me said:
That RAM cooler with CL9 is a gimmick that does nothing more than make noise.

If I had your budget and I was looking for ascetics along with performance I would do something like this....

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?Ite... Combo Discount: -$25.00 Combo Price: $319.98
ASUS SABERTOOTH P67 (REV 3.0) LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
G.SKILL Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 14900) Desktop Memory Model F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR

or....

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?Ite... Combo Discount: -$35.00 Combo Price: $309.98
ASUS SABERTOOTH P67 (REV 3.0) LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 14900) Desktop Memory Model F3-14900CL9D-8GBXL

And seeing how the hyper threading with the 2600K does more to hinder than to help in regards to gaming... 2500K is the obvious choice imo...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?Ite... Combo Discount: -$18.00 Combo Price: $381.98 $10.00 Mail-In Rebate Price After Mail-In Rebate(s): $371.98
COOLER MASTER HAF X RC-942-KKN1 Black Steel/ Plastic ATX Full Tower Computer Case
Intel Core i5-2500 Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX80623I52500

And then I wouldn't wait on the SLI, just do it.... dual factory over clocked gtx 560's in SLI ftw. Two of these cards eat up and spit out a gtx 580

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... $239.99 (Before $20.00 Mail-In Rebate Card) x2
GIGABYTE GV-N560OC-1GI GeForce GTX 560 Ti (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

Now a psu that is quiet yet gives you plenty of juice for that build....

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... $129.99 - $109.99 after mail-in rebate
XFX Black Edition P1-750B-CAG9 750W ATX12V v2.2 / ESP12V v2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS SILVER Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply

And for a h/s that's quiet , has a nice red LED, not to mention it's a top ten rated cooler on Frosty Tech....

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... $79.99 FREE SHIPPING
ZALMAN CNPS9900MAX-R 135mm Long life bearing CPU Cooler Red LED


Im using Two 570s not one, so I already have the SLI setup. The MOBO and memory you listed, I dont like that Mobo it got some negative feedback Im not too happy with. In regards to the memory, I changed my memory in the second post I made to the Patriot ones, (without fans). The cooler Ill take a better look at, the one you sent me, and also will have to look at the i5 vs i7 between mine and the one you liked. But thanks for the input!
m
0
l
April 9, 2011 7:32:03 PM

That Patriot is 1.65v when the board manufactures and reviews say go with low voltage RAM (1.5v or less) with these 1155 mobo's. You might want to look into a mobo that runs dual cards @ 16x & 16x. Asus Revolution, Gigabyte UD7, etc...
m
0
l
April 9, 2011 8:04:00 PM

The Sabertooth is a great mobo but its not for everybody I guess...
m
0
l
April 9, 2011 9:52:29 PM

Why_Me said:
That Patriot is 1.65v when the board manufactures and reviews say go with low voltage RAM (1.5v or less) with these 1155 mobo's. You might want to look into a mobo that runs dual cards @ 16x & 16x. Asus Revolution, Gigabyte UD7, etc...


I cant find a single 1155 Board that has x16 x16 sli support.... Mind linking me these
m
0
l
April 9, 2011 9:59:38 PM

talimore said:
I cant find a single 1155 Board that has x16 x16 sli support.... Mind linking me these

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... $259.99
ASUS P8P67 WS REVOLUTION LGA 1155 Intel P67 / NVIDIA NF200 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... $329.99
GIGABYTE GA-P67A-UD7-B3 LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... $364.99
ASUS MAXIMUS IV EXTREME (REV 3.0) LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Extended ATX Intel Motherboard
m
0
l
April 9, 2011 10:21:46 PM

Why_Me said:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... $259.99
ASUS P8P67 WS REVOLUTION LGA 1155 Intel P67 / NVIDIA NF200 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... $329.99
GIGABYTE GA-P67A-UD7-B3 LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... $364.99
ASUS MAXIMUS IV EXTREME (REV 3.0) LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Extended ATX Intel Motherboard



http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.632495

I get one of the nicest mother boards this way and still get 16 gigs ram and I save 40$ from the old mobo and ram combo I choose, thanks for the tips. Any advice on the PSU I choose originally, the video cards, or anything else?

Thanks again
m
0
l
April 9, 2011 11:37:53 PM

talimore said:
I cant find a single 1155 Board that has x16 x16 sli support.... Mind linking me these


None have x16/x16 support due to chipset design limitations, but, even with x8/x8, the P67 based MBs give great performance in SLI....
m
0
l
!