P8z68 deluxe/gen 3 problem

Tags:
  • Chipsets
  • BIOS
  • Power
  • Motherboards
Last response: in Motherboards
March 16, 2012 6:13:06 AM

Hi Everyone, yesterday i was going to update my bios , i downloaded it from asus website and i put it on my pendrive ( root) then i went into bios on ez flash utility and selected the bios, the checks were good and the bios was processing, now a message told me that the bios was installed successfully and that he need a reboot when i press ok everything freeze and crashed, when i reboot my pc i got a lot of issues, no sound no bips nothing, my screen power on for about 2 seconds and then power off so can't see anything, i tried to clr CMOS and remove battery but it didn't worked everytime screen power on for about 2 secs and then no signal so power off, i booted it up with my case opened so i saw something strange, everything seems to work fine but there is a red led on the vga and the q-code is on 78, i don't know really what to do i had it for 3 days and it was awesome and now i want my pc back.

My configuration:
i7 2600k
16gb ram corsair ddr 3 1600mhz blue low profile
sapphire 7970
noctua nh-d14
haf 932
HX750 corsair psu

So basically everything was working fine but after bios update i can't even get acces on bios because there is no screen and another thing is strange is that i tried all usb ports on the mobo and on the case , if i use a pendrive or my mouse and keyboard they don't work but if i put a usb bulb (i need some light to see in computer) it works perfectly...
Somebody had this issue? Is this a faulty mobo? How can i resolve this problem if it is possible? Thx for reading :( 

Edit: Can i try to power on pc without the battery or it can be dangerous?

More about : p8z68 deluxe gen problem

March 16, 2012 7:34:45 AM

I already used asus troubleshooting the jumper doesn t exist in this mb and i have to do it with the button, the battery was off for about 10 mins and it didn t worked so i tried one more time and it was off for about 1 hour, i ll try that thing with the battery in the wrong way but it can be dangerous? I ll do that but i don t want to have permanent troubles for that
m
l
Related resources
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
March 16, 2012 7:47:14 AM

How long did you clr cmos for? you should press the button for about 10 seconds.
m
l
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
March 16, 2012 8:07:53 AM

i was reading on asus forums for my board p8h67-v, that alot of people were having problems with the latest bios . .no sound and other issues. they fixed it by unplugging the box for a few minutes and rebooted.

maybe worth a shot.

also you may need to use the onboard video out since the bios went back to default and not using your PCI card.

fyi, if your computer is running fine, don't bother updating the bios . .
m
l
March 16, 2012 1:38:02 PM

Ivan i should press that while running or not or when he battery is off?
I have p8z68 deluxe/gen3 it doesn t have a video port so i need to use pci because i can t use the monitor in other ways.... Also i tried another thing i always gt q code 78 and cpu led and vga led are red but if i switch off the ram on slots 2 and 4 vga doesn t get red led only the cpu get red led and i get q code 45 if i put back the ram i always get q code 78 wich is Acpi and i really don t know what to do now :( 
m
l
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
March 16, 2012 2:29:38 PM

DjPara96 said:
Ivan i should press that while running or not or when he battery is off?
I have p8z68 deluxe/gen3 it doesn t have a video port so i need to use pci because i can t use the monitor in other ways.... Also i tried another thing i always gt q code 78 and cpu led and vga led are red but if i switch off the ram on slots 2 and 4 vga doesn t get red led only the cpu get red led and i get q code 45 if i put back the ram i always get q code 78 wich is Acpi and i really don t know what to do now :( 

Press it with the battery on. Since your computer was running fine before the bios update, the q codes are probably caused by a corrupt bios. Can you see the screen at all when you turn on the computer?. Have you tried turning on the computer with the motherboard disc to recover bois from the cd?. In case you can't see the monitor just turn on the computer with the disc it would check automatically if the bios is corrupt and flash the corrupted bios. Leave the computer on for 10 minutes and then restart.
m
l
March 16, 2012 3:02:30 PM

The mb didn t come with a dvd of the bios just with drivers for windows that s all and yh i did that and nothing change... If i clear cmos with ur method while power and battery on the monitor goes on for about 5 secs then a red led power on vga and the monitor goes off so i get q code 78 shall i download bios from asus and burn it on a cd ? I tried to put the dvd that i have on pc and let it run or about 20 mins and then reboot so nothing didn t work...
m
l
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
March 17, 2012 1:48:43 AM

DjPara96 said:
The mb didn t come with a dvd of the bios just with drivers for windows that s all and yh i did that and nothing change... If i clear cmos with ur method while power and battery on the monitor goes on for about 5 secs then a red led power on vga and the monitor goes off so i get q code 78 shall i download bios from asus and burn it on a cd ? I tried to put the dvd that i have on pc and let it run or about 20 mins and then reboot so nothing didn t work...

Try to download bios drivers on your flash drive(not the lastest version which you got, and flashing the bios again.
m
l
March 17, 2012 7:03:49 AM

There is a problem every usb i insert don t work and i can t see anything on my screen
m
l
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
March 17, 2012 7:31:19 AM

Ohh okay then burn it on a disc and just wait 5-10 minutes. If it hopefully overwrites the corrupt bios it would ask you to restart, which you can't see. Make sure to install bios 0301 not the latest. I really hope you get get your rig working again, it's sweet.
m
l
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
March 17, 2012 7:46:23 AM

One question, the bios file that you download did you by any chance forget to unzip it?
m
l
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
March 17, 2012 8:02:05 AM

If this doesn't work follow the instructions with this link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBaxBHt616U . You will use Afudos to overwrite your bios. Afudos can't work sometimes when ezflash doesn't. Another issue is that the the steps I showed you before will only work if the bios is corrupt and just in case the bios update causes a compatibility issue with your hardware it wouldn't work as well.

Does you monitor always shut off after 5 seconds?. You would have to do it blind.
m
l
March 17, 2012 8:28:40 AM

I unziped it i followed the correct steps but didn t work, ivan i can t do what ur sayng because my monitor never shows anything my usb keyboard or any device don t get any power from the mobo, so i have no acces, clear cmos didn t work nothing work if i can t see anythin on the screen i can t do anything and i can t use keyboard or any usb device, i know how to reflash the bios but i can t get acces to anything...
m
l
March 17, 2012 8:32:55 AM

I ll try to burn a dvd with the stock bios but i need something special for burn it or i just burn the .rom in the dvd?

Bios is like 8 mega i really need to put it on a dvd or a cd would work anyway?
m
l
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
March 17, 2012 9:12:00 AM

DjPara96 said:
I ll try to burn a dvd with the stock bios but i need something special for burn it or i just burn the .rom in the dvd?

Bios is like 8 mega i really need to put it on a dvd or a cd would work anyway?

I have checked and the stock bios does come with the motherboard disc and would have automatically have fixed the corrupt bios. No need to do the step I talked about ,damn.

m
l
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
March 17, 2012 9:25:04 AM

I'm surprised that noone else has really tried to help, I have really tried to help you out as much as I can but I'm not sure what options are left, at least based on my knowledge.

Have you contacted ASUS support? Maybe contacted your retailer for a replacement board?. I would keep this tread open and start a new one which increases your chance of possibly getting an answer that works.
m
l
March 17, 2012 10:50:31 AM

Thanks ivan but i found today a solution, well that s nit a solution, an expert in my city told me what happenec, when i updated bios i pressed ok tol faster and the eriting of the new one was compromised so my mobo now doesn t support anythng so my bios is gone now i have to use another computer with a special cable to reinstall the bios thi cost about 100 euro, i prefer spend all those money and get my bios back, buy a new mb is unnecessary. So if u have another pc u can rebuild the bios
m
l
!