Looking for an alternate to Dell

jxeboy

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2010
Hello,

I'm looking to get a system for a music Studio. We will be running Cubase 6 on it, and using a Liquid Saffire 56 from Focusrite as our interface.
http://www.focusrite.com/products/saffire/liquid_saffire_56/overview/

I basically want something that has a lot of CPU power and ram. Perhaps i7? Video is not important as we wont be running anything 3d intensive. Can anyone suggest a company I can purchase from that has excellent customer service, but does not overprice or fill their computers with bloatware. I am not building my own system because I want the warranty that comes with a prebuilt unit, but I don't want to go through someone like dell who overprices everything.

Thank you

noonin1

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2006

I don't think I'd buy anything from Dell's Home side as I've heard all the usual horror stories, but their Business side offers ProSupport which isn't bad. North American 24/7, short wait. As to Bloatware, they've supposedly eliminated most of that as well. Vostro pricing isn't bad for an i5 or i7 Sandybridge system. If you want lots of RAM add it later yourself.

I don't have personal experience with Apple, but the "surveys" always give them excellent reviews for customer service. However, warranties are 90 days unless you spring for $$$ Applecare. I would also consider Apple hardware a bit overpriced for what you get, and limited upgradeability.