Sign in with
Your question

CyberPower Gaming Rig: Seeking Advice/Final Review

Last response: in Systems
April 8, 2011 3:24:54 PM

Hey all,

I've narrowed down my CyberPower rig to this configuration, ~£990. I play a wide range of games (FPS, RTS, RPG) on 1920x1080 monitor. Diablo III will probably clock the most hours (if it ever comes out). I was planning to wait until summer, but sadly my laptop passed away this weekend leaving me with a netbook. :) 

Would be great to have your opinion before I hit that buy button.

Case: CoolerMaster HAF 912 Mid-Tower Gaming Case w/ Adjustable HDD Cage

CPU: Intel® Core™ i5 2500K Quad Core 3.3GHz 6MB cache LGA1155

Cooling: ThermalTake Frio Gaming CPU Cooling Fan

Mobo: Asus P8P67-M P67 DDR3 Intel LGA1155 DDR3 ATX Mainboard w/ 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, SATAIII USB3.0

Memory: 4GB (2x2GB) PC12800 DDR3/1600mhz Dual Channel Memory Kingston Hyper X Blu Series

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX570 1280MB 16X PCI Express

Power Supply Upgrade: Corsair 650 Watts CMPSU-650TX Gaming Power Supply - Quad SLI Ready

Hard Drive: 500GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache HDD [-9] (Single Hard Drive)

Optical Drive: 24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW DRIVE. (BLACK COLOR)

Doubts:
Is 650W enough for i500 and GTX 570? It's not 750 but it's Corsair.
Is the P8P67-M a good motherboard ?
Is the Hard Drive a good choice?

Thanks in advance!

--Will
April 10, 2011 7:18:55 AM

Hard drive depends on how many platters. Check your HDD model and see. Lower platters use less energy and last longer. As far as speed is concerned 16MB is slower than 32 or 64 but not significantly in my opinion.

650W is plenty for that rig.

motherboard is fine if you don't plan on adding a second graphics card and if you do then you'll want a bigger power supply as well.
m
l
April 13, 2011 8:34:14 PM

Stay away from Cyber Power! FAR FAR AWAY!! We configured a high end works station that arrived with hardware components incompatible with 64 bit win7. I even offered to spend more money with their company in an effort to resolve the matter. Don't take my word for it, their forums are littered with ticked off, dissatisfied customers They won't take it back and the y won't fix the problem. In my opinion they have nothing to offer other than low prices and THEY OPERATE WITHOUT INTEGRITY OR REGARD FOR THE SATISFACTION OF THEIR CUSTOMERS. if you are one of the lucky ones that receives a working machine and do not need service you may be fine. However if you expect CP to back up wt they sell you after they have your money...BUYER BEWARE!!
m
l
!