System check for a black screen, no boot screen

Au_equus

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2011
MB: ASUS P8P67 M-Pro
Case: Thermaltake V3 black edition (midtower)
CPU: i5-2500K
CPU fan: CM 212
RAM: G. Skill (2x4gb) ddr3 1333MHz
GPU: XFX Radeon HD5770
PSU: Antec TruePower New TP-750 750W Continuous Power 80 PLUS BRONZE
OD: Sony optiarc CD/DVD +/- R/RW
HD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

Assembled everything, no problem. Hooked up the DVI from the GPU to the monitor, pressed the power switch. It starts up for 2-3 secs, then momentarily shuts off for 1 sec and everything turns on. All fans are blowing (that CM 212 is quiet!). Power green led is on. Memok! red led is on. There is no 'no signal' from the monitor, which would show if nothing was connected or if a computer is turned on. According to the manual, the MB would do a systems check prior to turning on the boot screen and any errors would heard as a series of beeps, no beeps heard.... and nothing. Turned off the power. Double, triple checked the wiring, kosher. Before I turn it on again, any suggestions?

Au_equus

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2011
guess I'm talking to myself. I'm new to this, but just to update anybody interested in getting a asus p8p67 m-pro. if you're planning to use the sata III inputs, don't use the blue one in the middle of the board, at least during startup. i thought it was an additional sata III port, but its not. in all, it took me several hours to figure that one out. rebooting my machine a couple of times. the screen was dark b/c it couldn't find the hard drive. drove me crazy. right beneath the blue sata port it says "sata 6.0Gb/s anti-surge." right after I switched the sata cable to the appropiate input, the computer booted up. I just ordered a sata III ssd (64gb crucial) for the OS and drivers.

TRENDING THREADS