Onboard audio v. Creative Sound Blaster Audigy SE 7.1

Solution
Here are some sound cards from Newegg Canada: http://www.newegg.ca/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=sound+card+pci&x=15&y=33

Creative is a good brand.

I am not trying to talk you into installing this on your own. Decide after you watch some videos on YouTube regarding PCI card installation. Familiarity with PCI slots is a must.

There is an advantage of buying the PC with the sound card installed. That is, in case of any malfunction, you can refer the matter to the builder (store).

Ryker

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2011
Yeah, I guess that would be the most sensible option, the only "problem" is someone else is building the system for me, as I just don't know how to do it myself. Therefore I was hoping to make that decision prior to getting that done.

Ryker

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2011
Yeah, I guess, although I always seem to just get used to the sound, whatever it is. I listen to music all the time, though, so that's why I was thinking of maybe actually trying to get used to a better quality of sound, if that makes sense.

And as for adding a sound card, I don't know, I've never done it before, and am a bit apprehensive of my skills. I guess I could do it, but then, since I live in Canada, shipping costs are going to amount to a third of the final price.

Here are some sound cards from Newegg Canada: http://www.newegg.ca/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=sound+card+pci&x=15&y=33

Creative is a good brand.

I am not trying to talk you into installing this on your own. Decide after you watch some videos on YouTube regarding PCI card installation. Familiarity with PCI slots is a must.

There is an advantage of buying the PC with the sound card installed. That is, in case of any malfunction, you can refer the matter to the builder (store).

Solution

Ryker

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2011
Alright, thanks for the help. I decided to go with the sound card, and got it for a reduced price of about $24. I haven't received the computer yet, so I can't comment on the difference in sound.