Toshiba Satellite 1115-S123 Replacement DVD/CDR

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
April 25, 2005 10:18:09 PM

Can anyone suggest a replacement or tell me what models of CDR/DVD players
are compatible with the Toshiba Satellite 1115-S123. I have in it a SD-
R2212, but have not had much luck finding an "affordable" one online. Was
wondering what other models would be compatible with it?

Thanks
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
April 25, 2005 11:35:20 PM

Those models and compatible models are widely available on E-Bay.

cirohpue wrote:

> Can anyone suggest a replacement or tell me what models of CDR/DVD players
> are compatible with the Toshiba Satellite 1115-S123. I have in it a SD-
> R2212, but have not had much luck finding an "affordable" one online. Was
> wondering what other models would be compatible with it?
>
> Thanks

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
April 26, 2005 12:04:12 AM

Barry Watzman <WatzmanNOSPAM@neo.rr.com> wrote in

> Those models and compatible models are widely available on E-Bay.
>

> cirohpue wrote:
>
>> Can anyone suggest a replacement or tell me what models of CDR/DVD
>> players are compatible with the Toshiba Satellite 1115-S123. I have
>> in it a SD- R2212, but have not had much luck finding an "affordable"
>> one online. Was wondering what other models would be compatible with
>> it?
>>
>> Thanks

I realize that, and was bidding on several SD-R2212 drives (didn't win
any), but was really wanting to know if I am STUCK with that particular
model of DVD/CDR. IE: Can I upgrade to a DVD/RW model? Can I use the
model UJDA730 in my laptop? I was not able to find anything on the Web
about model compatibility and Toshiba has nothing listed on their support
site as to what other models can be used. Hence, the post to UseNet.

Thanks for the response though.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
April 26, 2005 6:58:37 PM

If you need to move the front plastic bezel from the old drive to the
new drive, then you are stuck with that Toshiba SERIES, although you
could go to a faster drive (2412, for example), but if you go to another
brand the bezel, and possibly other mounting parts, won't fit.

Also, when I upgraded a machine from a CD to a CD-RW, I had to make a
solder modification to the circuit card to get it to work. The
master/slave/cable select configuration varies from OEM applicaiton to
OEM application, and the bare drive, without modification, was
incompatible with the Toshiba notebook.

!