Sign in with
Your question

Network settings on windows 7 ultimate

Last response: in Networking
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
August 1, 2010 11:20:44 AM

Hello,
I own a desk top computer 2.66 dual core + 1 Gb ram. I used a belkin wireless router along with my internet adsl 'Baton' internet modem. with the wireless connectivity i connected my laptop to the internet. But as soon as i installed Win 7 Ultimate on my comp, i couldn't access my belking router my laptop. earlier in wireless network list it used to show 'belkin5' as wireless network list. but after installing Win 7 it showed me 'Home-pc_Network' in the wireless network list which is WPA2 security enabled. i tried to access the Home-Pc_network from my laptop by entering the password i had given in my HomeGroup password settings. But even then i could get through to access the network. Please help!
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
August 1, 2010 1:58:20 PM

My guess is you need a driver for your computer's wireless adapter -- one which works with Window7. You will then need to set up your adapter and supply the password to your router's wireless security.
m
l
August 4, 2010 7:12:25 AM

on the home pc go to network and sharing centre and check in the left pane for advanced sharing settings there is a option "ask for password" uncheck that option and you should be able to access your home pc for your your laptop.
m
l
!