PC wont start unless I force the 24 pin connector down?

I just built my PC, but the only way I get it to start is by forcing down the 24 pin connector into the motherboard. When I release the pressure, it just turns off. Why is this and how do I fix it?
5 answers Last reply
More about wont start force connector down
  1. The 24 pin is the main power supply cable for the board without a good connection there no power. First check to see if there is a bent pen or something that stopping the pins from seating well. You may have to use a flash light to get a good look in the socket. Also make sure that the clip on the side is locking onto the board/socket. If this doesnt work and since this is a new board if you need to you may have to get an RMA from the motherboard manufacturer or for the PSU (Power Supply Unit).

Christian Wood
    Intel Enthusiast Team
  2. Ok, thank you.
  3. Don't try to fix it, it might worsen the problem. You identified the problem right. RMA the MB ASAP.
  4. Exactly what I am going to do :)
  5. kyle00 said:
    I just built my PC, but the only way I get it to start is by forcing down the 24 pin connector into the motherboard. When I release the pressure, it just turns off. Why is this and how do I fix it?

On a new system I would say don't try to fix this, just get an RMA. It might be something like a broken solder joint or cracked trace and unless you are very talented with a soldering iron I wouldn't suggest fixing it yourself.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards