Sign in with
Your question

PC wont start unless I force the 24 pin connector down?

Tags:
  • Motherboards
Last response: in Motherboards
March 16, 2012 2:27:56 PM

I just built my PC, but the only way I get it to start is by forcing down the 24 pin connector into the motherboard. When I release the pressure, it just turns off. Why is this and how do I fix it?

More about : wont start force pin connector

a c 75 V Motherboard
March 16, 2012 3:42:16 PM

The 24 pin is the main power supply cable for the board without a good connection there no power. First check to see if there is a bent pen or something that stopping the pins from seating well. You may have to use a flash light to get a good look in the socket. Also make sure that the clip on the side is locking onto the board/socket. If this doesnt work and since this is a new board if you need to you may have to get an RMA from the motherboard manufacturer or for the PSU (Power Supply Unit).

Christian Wood
Intel Enthusiast Team
m
l
March 16, 2012 4:00:16 PM

Ok, thank you.
m
l
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
March 16, 2012 5:21:51 PM

Don't try to fix it, it might worsen the problem. You identified the problem right. RMA the MB ASAP.
m
l
March 16, 2012 6:54:02 PM

Exactly what I am going to do :) 
m
l
a b V Motherboard
March 16, 2012 8:36:27 PM

kyle00 said:
I just built my PC, but the only way I get it to start is by forcing down the 24 pin connector into the motherboard. When I release the pressure, it just turns off. Why is this and how do I fix it?

On a new system I would say don't try to fix this, just get an RMA. It might be something like a broken solder joint or cracked trace and unless you are very talented with a soldering iron I wouldn't suggest fixing it yourself.
m
l
!