P8p67 double post after upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbm715

Distinguished
May 25, 2011
Alright so I've had the double post issue before. I updated the BIOS and it stopped happening. cool.

After adding some new components and changing some out, I'm getting this issue again.

I added a second gtx 570, upgraded from 8 gigs of memory to 16 gigs, changed out my psu, added a ssd, and changed out my case fans.

I'm able to boot up. I haven't changed a thing in the BIOS so I'm uncertain why this bug is appearing again.

Solution
Had this happen to me. I'm not sure why it all of a sudden just happened. But I found that the first post was for the Marvell Controller which I was not using, then it would normally post. By disabling the Marvell Controller I fixed this problem.

Enter BIOS - > Advanced - > Onboard Devices - > Disable Marvell Storage Controller

For some reason Marvell loads up to check if anything is connected, tells you that there isn't, then loads up without. At least I think that's how it works.

davidengel

Honorable
Mar 16, 2012
Had this happen to me. I'm not sure why it all of a sudden just happened. But I found that the first post was for the Marvell Controller which I was not using, then it would normally post. By disabling the Marvell Controller I fixed this problem.

Enter BIOS - > Advanced - > Onboard Devices - > Disable Marvell Storage Controller

For some reason Marvell loads up to check if anything is connected, tells you that there isn't, then loads up without. At least I think that's how it works.

Solution

jbm715

Distinguished
May 25, 2011

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm at work right now, but I'll definitely try that when I get back. I'm not using the Marvell connections(?) so hopefully this will be a quick fix.

davidengel

Honorable
Mar 16, 2012
Should be the issue. And it should tell you in BIOS if you have plugged anything into the Marvell, you may have to shuffle a SATA connector.

Haha I know how that goes, so many times I've been sitting at work seriously contemplating leaving at lunch to go home and try a fix. Have a good day.

jbm715

Distinguished
May 25, 2011

So I'm not the only one that thinks that way...haha I'm kinda glad. But thanks have a good day yourself.

jbm715

Distinguished
May 25, 2011
So it is no longer happening anymore, and I didnt' change a thing. I turned off the Marvell controller anyways but I did 8 cold boots in a row where it didn't happen. Thanks davidengel for the speedy reponse!

Status
Not open for further replies.