My computer automatically turn on when i connect it to the power source. But th

richelle

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2011
my computer automatically turn on when i connect it to the power source. But the thing is, it never turn off because the power button can't do it. Also, though it turns on, it doesn't boot. i don't know what's the problem. please help.

Describe "turns on", do the fans all spin up and you hear the hard drive start up too?

If so, and this is not a new build, im thinking that you have "Power on on AC loss" enabled in BIOS, which means when the PSU looses power then gets it back the motherboard will automatically boot the system. As for why it doesnt get all the way, you are probably failing post somewhere along the way, go through this check list to figure out where
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-steps-posting-boot-video-problems

Creck

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2011
you should try to disconnect from power; unplug all USB and then connect PC back to power and you will see...i got the same problem and cause was that the mouse was plugged into 3rd usb port and that starts my PC automatically ....

ripley1250

Honorable
Nov 3, 2012
hunter315, CAN YOU NOT READ? richelle, 07-11-2011 at 10:07:36 AM. my computer automatically turn on when i connect it to the power source. But the thing is, it never turn off because the power button can't do it. Also, though it turns on, it doesn't boot. i don't know what's the problem. please help.

richelle, clearly told you what the problem was. ( it don't boot ) so, how can they go into BIOS? Daugh :pt1cable:

TRENDING THREADS