Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

Multiple problems, is it my motherboard?

Tags:
  • Motherboards
Last response: in Motherboards
March 16, 2012 5:49:11 PM

I've experienced several problems over the past few months with my cheap build.

In the past..
Windows Explorer freezing; Couple of Blue screens; Unable to detect hard drive on boot-up; Start-up repair showed once, was unable to repair; Windows Boot Manager once showed "Windows has encountered a problem communicating with a device connected to your computer". Status on THIS error is 0xc00000e9, info showed "An unexpected I/O error has occurred"; Unable to detect my DVD drive. Note it opens and closes however doesn't show in my control panel nor read disks;

Current problems..
Hard drive light staying solid red. It's not even barely flashing, it's 100% solid red; DVD drive isn't detecting (though it's opening and closing); When I first power my PC on it shows a tiny white flashing "dash", takes 20 or so seconds to show my boot screen, beeps, boot screen stays visible for about 30 seconds, then my computer boots.

I am having no current issues performance wise what-so-ever.

Are these problems the result of my motherboard?
__
MSI 880GM-E43
4GB PNY XLR8 memory
750GB WD Cav Black hdd
500w PSU
Windows 7 Ultimate

More about : multiple problems motherboard

a c 128 V Motherboard
March 16, 2012 5:54:06 PM

Sounds like the symptoms of a pirated copy of windows rather than a problem with the computer itself.
m
l
May 2, 2012 8:35:37 PM

I got the same problem atm and I'm running original Win 7 Home Premium x64. It occured after moving my pc to another location...a cable got stuck in the fan from my water cooling and I think the CPU or the MOBO sustained some permanent damage from it. I ordered new parts and I'll post an answer once I figure out what hardware component caused it. IMHO I believe the northbridge is fried as it was on the watercooling aswell and I keep getting SMART errors from my HDD that I don't get if I connect it to another PC. Really weird stuff.
m
l