Sign in with
Your question

Eyefinity not allowing me to use 3rd monitor

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 3, 2011 9:43:51 PM

First let me say, I don't need a display port adapter, I have a monitor that has a display port and i'm using a display port cable.
the other two monitors are on HDMI and DVI. I can only get two to work at the same time and the third stays disabled.
a b C Monitor
February 3, 2011 9:56:09 PM

Which one is diabled? And what GPU? The rest of your specs would be nice as well.
m
l
February 3, 2011 9:59:52 PM

anyone of them can be disabled. what i mean is. i can enable any two of the monitors but the third one no mater which one,DP,HDMI or DVI one will be disabled. the GPU is a 5570,8gb ram,core i5 650,windows 7 64bit
m
l
Related resources
February 3, 2011 10:25:37 PM

I thought you had to have 2x DVI and one DP? I think that may be where your going wrong.
m
l
February 3, 2011 10:28:46 PM

daship said:
I thought you had to have 2x DVI and one DP? I think that may be where your going wrong.

I don't think so, my 5570 card only has a dvi,hdmi and displayport. the ATI website says it supports eyefinity and ive seen on youtube some where that you dont need 2 dvi's
m
l
February 3, 2011 10:31:57 PM

What model do you have. I just came up with some info on a google search that says the DVI and HDMI share the same lanes and you cant use both together.
m
l
February 3, 2011 10:40:29 PM

daship said:
What model do you have. I just came up with some info on a google search that says the DVI and HDMI share the same lanes and you cant use both together.

I don't know what model all I know is its a 5570 I just i have my HDMI and my dvi monitors both working at the same time my HDMI monitor is the main and the DVI is extended.I can use DP and HDMI together I can use HDMI and DVI together and so on but I can't get them all to be used at the same time. When I go to enable the third one it tells me a desktop or display must be disabled.
m
l
February 3, 2011 11:06:38 PM

I think you need to take a minute and figure out what got. Then you might be able to figure something out.

m
l
February 3, 2011 11:08:55 PM

daship said:
I think you need to take a minute and figure out what got. Then you might be able to figure something out.

Well I know this, if you have a DP monitor you don't need a active DP adaptor or any DP adapter for that matter.
m
l
February 3, 2011 11:13:17 PM

LOL. you know it all get off the forum and make it work. Do work son. Get er done.
m
l
February 3, 2011 11:55:44 PM

daship said:
LOL. you know it all get off the forum and make it work. Do work son. Get er done.

Um yeah i'm sure I don't know everything, thats why I asked a question ;) .If you needed an DP adapter in order to use a monitor that comes with a display port then it would be pointless to buy a monitor with a DP.So yeah think about it.
m
l
!