Eyefinity not allowing me to use 3rd monitor

First let me say, I don't need a display port adapter, I have a monitor that has a display port and i'm using a display port cable.
the other two monitors are on HDMI and DVI. I can only get two to work at the same time and the third stays disabled.
12 answers Last reply
More about eyefinity allowing monitor
  1. Which one is diabled? And what GPU? The rest of your specs would be nice as well.
  2. anyone of them can be disabled. what i mean is. i can enable any two of the monitors but the third one no mater which one,DP,HDMI or DVI one will be disabled. the GPU is a 5570,8gb ram,core i5 650,windows 7 64bit
  3. I thought you had to have 2x DVI and one DP? I think that may be where your going wrong.
  4. daship said:
    I thought you had to have 2x DVI and one DP? I think that may be where your going wrong.

I don't think so, my 5570 card only has a dvi,hdmi and displayport. the ATI website says it supports eyefinity and ive seen on youtube some where that you dont need 2 dvi's
  5. What model do you have. I just came up with some info on a google search that says the DVI and HDMI share the same lanes and you cant use both together.
  6. daship said:
    What model do you have. I just came up with some info on a google search that says the DVI and HDMI share the same lanes and you cant use both together.

I don't know what model all I know is its a 5570 I just i have my HDMI and my dvi monitors both working at the same time my HDMI monitor is the main and the DVI is extended.I can use DP and HDMI together I can use HDMI and DVI together and so on but I can't get them all to be used at the same time. When I go to enable the third one it tells me a desktop or display must be disabled.
  7. http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/279498-33-displayport-adapter-eyefinity

This forum might be a little help, half way down they use a DP/ to dvi adapter. Is your DP monitor active or passive?
  8. daship said:
    http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/279498-33-displayport-adapter-eyefinity

This forum might be a little help, half way down they use a DP/ to dvi adapter. Is your DP monitor active or passive?

I'm guessing its active because its working lol.If it was passive it wouldn't work.
  9. I think you need to take a minute and figure out what got. Then you might be able to figure something out.
  10. daship said:
    I think you need to take a minute and figure out what got. Then you might be able to figure something out.

Well I know this, if you have a DP monitor you don't need a active DP adaptor or any DP adapter for that matter.
  11. LOL. you know it all get off the forum and make it work. Do work son. Get er done.
  12. daship said:
    LOL. you know it all get off the forum and make it work. Do work son. Get er done.

Um yeah i'm sure I don't know everything, thats why I asked a question ;).If you needed an DP adapter in order to use a monitor that comes with a display port then it would be pointless to buy a monitor with a DP.So yeah think about it.
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Monitors Graphics Displays