Sign in with
Your question

Finally ... getting the last piece, now I can build!

Last response: in Systems
April 8, 2011 8:36:25 PM

Hello All!

I have been buying pieces for my first build for a few months now. I was so close to building, then the 1155 Sandy Bridge motherboard recall happened. So I have been waiting to get my ASUS P8P67 Pro motherboard for months. Finally, it is out and I am buying! I am hoping to build this weekend. That being said, I thought I would share my collection of pieces with you all and maybe get some comments.

Approximate Purchase Date: Bought!

Budget Range: Final cost was $1072.40 without rebates.

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, surfing the internet, watching movies.

Parts Not Required: Monitor, keyboard, mouse.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: All parts bought from Newegg & Microcenter.

Country of Origin: USA

Parts Preferences: I bought as much CORSAIR as possible, I just like their stuff. I was also planning on getting ASUS for everything not CORSAIR, but got too good of a deal on the video card.

Overclocking: Maybe

SLI or Crossfire: Left room for possible crossfire in the future.

Monitor Resolution: 1280x1024

Parts I have bought:
CPU: INTEL Core i5-2500K
MB: ASUS P8P67 Pro
Memory: CORSAIR Vengence (2x2GB, 9-9-9-24, black)
GPU: SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 5870 (2GB, Eyefinity 6)
Hard Drive: WESTERN DIGITAL Caviar Blue (500GB, 7200rpm)
Case: CORSAIR Graphite 600T
PSU: CORSAIR HX750 (750watt, modular)
CD/DVD: ASUS Black DVD Burner
Cost Total: $1072.40

Future Parts I would like to buy:
Memory: CORSAIR Vengence (2x2gb, 9-9-9-24, blue)
CPU cooler: CORSAIR Hydro H50
GPU: Radeon HD 5870 (crossfire)
SSD: CORSAIR Force Series (60GB)
Accessory: CORSAIR 600T Windowed Side Panel
Monitors: 3 monitors for Eyefininty (any suggestions?)

Well, thanks everyone! Wish me luck on my build this weekend, I hope all goes smoothly on my first build!

More about : finally piece build

April 8, 2011 9:38:02 PM

Dont forget to lubricate your RAM for best performance... :na: 
m
l
April 8, 2011 10:14:25 PM

Wait so what exactly do you want help with.

Let me just tell you now that 5870 is going to bottleneck and your going to get terrible frames. A little more research would've been a bit smarter. Just saying.
m
l
Related resources
April 8, 2011 10:19:19 PM

As for your future upgrades, I would pass on the H50; even the Coolermaster Hyper 212+ beats it, and it's a $30 air cooler. If you really want a simple LC cooler, get the H70; it has a thicker radiator and it makes a huge difference in performance (and price).

By the time you get a SSD, the 3rd generation OCZ Vertex will be out, and I would suggest getting that or the Intel 510, since those use the newer Sandforce 2000 series controllers (I believe it's the 2000 series).

Monitors are really personal preference, but my friends and I absolutely love Dell monitors. If you get their professional/small business stuff like the E and P series monitors, you won't be disappointed. I'm running 3x2011H (20" LED) each on a GTX 470, and they look spectacular. I'd also strongly recommend some sort of mount for all three monitors; I plan on getting one.
m
l
April 8, 2011 10:55:32 PM

H50 and H70 aren't even real water cooling. It's all a closed loop, the pump is in the rad, the reservoir well there isn't one and the price is just absurd.
m
l
April 8, 2011 10:58:26 PM

aznshinobi said:
H50 and H70 aren't even real water cooling. It's all a closed loop, the pump is in the rad, the reservoir well there isn't one and the price is just absurd.

True, but I'm just leaving the option on the table for the OP if he really wants it. It's not like he has to drop $1K on a LC system for an i7-930 + 3x470s...like me ;) 
m
l
April 9, 2011 1:22:21 AM

boiler1990 said:
True, but I'm just leaving the option on the table for the OP if he really wants it. It's not like he has to drop $1K on a LC system for an i7-930 + 3x470s...like me ;) 

I have an H70 on a i7 930.. I like it (: lol
m
l
!