Sign in with
Your question

Need some help on a laptop.

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 3, 2011 11:07:11 PM

I will be purchasing a laptop soon, and my main goal for it is for college, but I'd also like to do a little gaming on it.. Like World of Warcraft. The CPU/Ram/HDD are all above what is required for the game itself, but for my budget, all you can get is either the Intel GMA HD (which I will not buy because Intel graphics are crud) or the ATI Mobility HD 4250.. So my question is can the 4250 play world of warcraft on low/med settings? I'm not looking for some fancy laptop that can push the boundaries, I'm just looking for something simple that will let me game if I get done with homework while at college. And most people will probably say to get a desktop.. But I have a desktop, so I'm not going to purchase another one.. Plus I'd rather have a laptop for the sole fact that you can pick it up and take it places easily.. Thanks for your help guys.

More about : laptop

February 4, 2011 1:47:43 AM

What's ur budget anyway . Ya that 4250 can play warcraft .
a c 214 U Graphics card
a b Ý World of Warcraft
February 4, 2011 2:18:08 AM

Most intagrated graphics cards can play WoW on low to medium settings.
Related resources
February 4, 2011 4:52:55 PM

gauravtushir said:
What's ur budget anyway . Ya that 4250 can play warcraft .

My budget is no more then 500. Very low and all that, but I'm not looking for some almighty computer. haha
a c 214 U Graphics card
a b Ý World of Warcraft
February 4, 2011 6:51:05 PM

If you haven't bought it yet,i would keep searching for a laptop where you can replace the onboard graphics.
February 5, 2011 2:10:58 AM

Going with !pad would be better choice in that case .lol
!