Is the Samsung 900 NF as good as the Sony G400?

mx1mx1mx1

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2003
Well heres the deal.
I just built a new computer and bought a new Samsung Syncmaster 900 NF to go with it.

The monitor on my old computer is a Sony Trinitron 19" G400.

Now I have heard a lot of people speak very highly of the 900 NF that's why I bought it.

Now I have my old computer with the Sony G400 in the computer room and the new one with the 900 NF also in the computer room.

Heres my problem, my Sony G400 absolutely blows the 900 Nf out of the water in terms of color, the Sony G400 color is just so much more deep and vivid and defined than the 900 NF.

Is my 900 NF defective? Arent these two monitors comparable to eachother?

I have compared severel different pictures, games, 3dmard2001SE etc. And the trinitron is 10X better in terms of color.
I have tried every adjustment on the 900NF to get the colors up to my sony standards but it falls short.

So is the Sony known to be superior color wise or is my 900 NF defective.

I know my new computer is not at fault because I have hooked up my old one to the 900 NF and it does the same thing.

I am in no way trying to make the 900 NF look bad, I just want mine fixed.
Any help is appreciated.

kbedwards

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2003
I was/am very disappointed with my 900nf...compared to the 19" Dells we have at work, it is horrible with text (blurry).

You CAN get it looking ok, if you spend a LOT of time tweaking the settings, but call me crazy, when other monitors are out there that do what the 900nf does a lot better without the tweaking, why bother?

Relative to other 19" I have seen and used, convergence is not very good, but color is pretty decent (but again, you have to tweak the temp settings to get the color to look good)

My next monitor will be an LCD - as soon as they can get response times low enough on the 19" and the prices drop...

Ganache

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
The sony are just the best in term of color. I got a G410, and nothing i have seen compare to it. Well worth the expensive price