I just hooked up my 2 5770's what now??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salt-City_Slasher

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2010
I have installed my 2nd gpu just fine, hooked up the bridge and got my cm 692's bracket holding them very sturdy!

So when I booted for the first time, three updates happened including the "bridge" driver.

I haven't really tried any benchmarks or stabilty tests, because I am not sure if they are ready to go, or if I am to configure them somehow???

I plugged in both DVI's on the top gpu(lane 1's) and everything is working as far as video, but how am I suppose to configure them?

Salt-City_Slasher

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2010
Ok I have reinstalled the drivers so that they both have the same one, I noticed a change on the info on the after burner, cuz one had a differnet name for its driver.

Also in my screen resolution>Advanced settings and under dedicated video memory is now 2gb!

Salt-City_Slasher

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2010
Well I am sure it works just fine, I did the Uniqine DX11 benchmark to see what I got, I didn't do a full run before, but I could tell the difference in smoothness and quality.

Here is my specs at default settings(1920x1080, shaders and textures high, trilinear filter, Anisotrophy 4x, occlusion and volumetric are on, Tessellation is normal, and replication is off)

FPS=38.3
Score=964
Min=3.6
Max=94.9

I can't tell if any of the review I have found meet all my settings but I feel its a good score for no OC on anything!

Salt-City_Slasher

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2010
Well I am not one of those people who can't get it going because of my inability to understand what is wrong.

After knowing that I need to congifure it in CCC, then when I found about the profiles, by basic elimination I concluded that the drivers on my gpu were older than the ones on my new one.

So two reboots later they have identical drivers according to afterburner( I hate oc guru), and in advanced settings its obvious it is setup, not to mention it now says Enabled in the settings you were talking about!

I just installed two blue 140mm's up top, and took the one that was up there and put it on the floor of my case.
With out putting a back fan on, I am getting low temps just from the good exhaust.

I also put in the 2nd 5770, and a 2nd set of Gskill 2x2gb's 1600cas7! I got up on that 179$ after mir Vertex 2 120gb which I make it tomorrows task!

I have the Kaze Master Pro on its way, I tied my case up so good and nice, then I got to the fan layer(after front panel) where I set them up so the cables came behind the mobo( not just chilling and hooked in the mobo) and I couldn't swing em around, so I daisy chained them to the psu about 6 of them lol, at least until I get the fan controller!

Salt-City_Slasher

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2010
I am doing my first conversion, and by god, I am loving 8gb's and the new card.
It took less than 10 minutes(untimed) to convert for burning! I am hoping to see a performance on the burn!
This is with out the ssd.

I sorta wished I bough a 2x4gbs, so that I could get a second, but 8gb's will probably be the most I would need.

There are no "drivers on your GPU". The drivers are on your HD. Problem was when you installed the drivers, you only had 1 card so windows set it up for 1 card. It's always a good idea to uninstall the drivers (off ya hard drive) before making any GFX card changes and reinstall after.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS