Sign in with
Your question

Wow + Games + graphics card

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 4, 2011 4:25:10 AM

Hi Im not one of the biggest computer techies, but i was wondering what settings I could run WoW on with a (ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 4500 Series), also would it be good for playing other games suchas left for dead 2 or diablo 3 when it comes out
a c 214 U Graphics card
a b Ý World of Warcraft
February 4, 2011 4:28:24 AM

You can mange medium settings for all of them,depending on the prossesor.

Which prossesor do u have and what speed?
m
l
February 4, 2011 4:36:53 AM

Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU T4300 @ 2.10GHz
m
l
Related resources
February 4, 2011 4:57:50 AM

I'd probably say low to med settings only!
m
l
February 4, 2011 5:10:52 AM

I have a dell inspiron 1545 laptop with a integrated graphics card, can i disable it and add a video card like nvidia or ati to it.

The board has a PCI express slot in it.

If so what would be a suitable choice to put in it which will allow me to run wow on med- full settings
m
l
February 4, 2011 5:19:29 AM

Zoic1111 said:
I have a dell inspiron 1545 laptop with a integrated graphics card, can i disable it and add a video card like nvidia or ati to it.

The board has a PCI express slot in it.

If so what would be a suitable choice to put in it which will allow me to run wow on med- full settings

When you say the board has a pci-e slot in it, are you talking about inside on the motherboard or the one of those outside connections?

Some laptops that have the internal mobile pci-e slot can have it's gpu switched/ upgraded with a mobile gpu.

If it's the side or external forget about it.
m
l
February 4, 2011 5:36:32 AM

I/O ports: 3 USB 2.0 ports, 1 Fast Ethernet port, 1 VGA output, 1 headphone jack, 1 microphone jack, 1 Express Card slot, 1 7-in-1 memory card reader, and 1 power adapter connector.

I think that means its external, idk can you double check.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dell_Inspiron#Inspiron_154...
m
l
February 4, 2011 4:24:49 PM

Yeah it's the intel chipset (wiki says that?), so that means your out of luck.

Well the wiki says its GMA 4500MHD graphics? Don't know if it's true?
Your saying you have the "(ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 4500 Series)" So which is it?

Normally if a laptop has a internal GPU most of the time you do not have a expansion slot inside the laptop to add a upgrade, on the higher end laptops you have this option like EX: GTX260M, etc...
m
l
!