Question about USB connectivity and other units

Last response: in Digital Camera
February 16, 2005 1:06:08 PM

I'm wondering if there is something that will allow me to hook my
camera up to my Pocket PC? Both have connectors that allow for USB
outs. Is there a unit i can plug both usb connectors into that will
allow my pocket pc to retrieve the data on my camera? Must be a
porable unit battery powered I assume. Thanks for you time.
Anonymous
February 16, 2005 2:52:17 PM

Thanks smartass but i am lookin to use the pocket pc as the computer. i
just need something to connect the two using the two usb outs. If I was
going to use the laptop, i wouldn't need the Pocket PC now would I?
Jackass.

If anyone smarter than this guys has any ideas, i'm looking to transfer
the images from the camera to my pocket pc to then send via email from
my pocket pc. any real help would be appreaciated.
Anonymous
February 16, 2005 3:48:24 PM

I was hoping so but am worried about the OS requirements. I can't find
any info on the Pocket PC OS vs what required OS is per their specs.
Was hoping someone had done this and would know. Thanks for the look.
February 16, 2005 4:43:32 PM

aquollie@aol.com wrote:
> I'm wondering if there is something that will allow me to hook my
> camera up to my Pocket PC? Both have connectors that allow for USB
> outs. Is there a unit i can plug both usb connectors into that will
> allow my pocket pc to retrieve the data on my camera? Must be a
> porable unit battery powered I assume. Thanks for you time.

http://www.iodata.jp/prod/pccard/readerwriter/2004/usb-...

http://macally.com/spec/usb/input_device/syncbox.html

http://macally.com/spec/usb/input_device/syncbox2.html

You'd best check that the Macally device will work with a PocketPC, but
the Japanese device appears to be able to handle this. It basically
connects two devices that adhere to the USB-Mass Storage specification.

Also see:
"http://www.freewareppc.com/utilities/usbmassstoragedriv..."
Anonymous
February 16, 2005 5:31:02 PM

aquollie@aol.com wrote:
> I'm wondering if there is something that will allow me to hook my
> camera up to my Pocket PC? Both have connectors that allow for USB
> outs. Is there a unit i can plug both usb connectors into that will
> allow my pocket pc to retrieve the data on my camera? Must be a
> porable unit battery powered I assume. Thanks for you time.

A good old USB card reader?

Ken.

--
http://www.rupert.net/~solar
Return address supplied by 'spammotel'

On 16 Feb 2005 10:06:08 -0800, aquollie@aol.com wrote:

>I'm wondering if there is something that will allow me to hook my
>camera up to my Pocket PC? Both have connectors that allow for USB
>outs. Is there a unit i can plug both usb connectors into that will
>allow my pocket pc to retrieve the data on my camera? Must be a
>porable unit battery powered I assume. Thanks for you time.

Yes, there are a couple of boxes that can do this, one plugs into the
wall, the other is portable and can be powered by battery if needed.

The first unit is called a 'Computer'.

The other, also a type of 'Computer' is called a 'Laptop'.

You can get them here:

http://www.dell.com/

--
Owamanga!
Anonymous

<aquollie@aol.com> wrote in message
> I'm wondering if there is something that will allow me to hook my
> camera up to my Pocket PC? Both have connectors that allow for USB
> outs. Is there a unit i can plug both usb connectors into that will
> allow my pocket pc to retrieve the data on my camera? Must be a
> porable unit battery powered I assume. Thanks for you time.

What memory card does the camera use?

If CF or SD, these cards are common in PPC so you could just plug it in.
!