Intel DZ68DB

Status
Not open for further replies.

erudite

Honorable
Mar 17, 2012
Can someone please confirm the number of SATA ports on this board?
As per Intel website this mobo is supposed to have 5+2 sata ports and 1 e-sata (total 8 ports?)

from intel website: http://ark.intel.com/products/55744/Intel-Desktop-Board-DZ68DB

# of SATA Ports 5
# of SATA 6.0 Gb/s Ports 2
# of eSATA Ports 1

However, on the board it self, there are ONLY 4 sata and 1 eSATA port!!!

I read the specs, have 4 HDD, 1 DVD and am planning to add 1 SSD/HDD (6.0Gb/s) thus ordered this board. Now that I have it, am just staring at this wondering as to where the rest of the ports are hidden?

Help needed...

Solution
Its confusing, the way Intel advertise it.

Its only total of 5 SATA ports + 1eSATA (back panel) = 6. Not 5+2+1

221409163.jpg

erudite

Honorable
Mar 17, 2012
Thanks Nikorr.
Intel should update the specs on their website; it sure is confusing when they say 5 sata ports and then go on to mention the high speed 6 Gb/s and eSata separately, one assumes that these are all present on the board. I should have looked more closely before ordering, now I have a brand new motherboard which is of no use for me :(

Can't u return it?

erudite

Honorable
Mar 17, 2012

not sure... have contacted the local vendor from whom i had ordered this mobo, he is going to let me know next week. keeping my fingers crossed for now...

erudite

Honorable
Mar 17, 2012

I have contacted Intel support to update their website to get rid of this confusing way of writing specs...
Have also requested them to help with replacing the board...

My suspicion is, that it is exactly how marketing dpt wanted it to be posted.
Lots of companies do that.

It says it # of SATA Ports 5 . But they add that it has 2 SATA III ports, but they don't tell u that is 2 out of those 5 ports : )) They assume that u already know that : ))

# of SATA Ports 5
# of eSATA Ports 1

erudite

Honorable
Mar 17, 2012

if only they could add "TOTAL" in the statement...
Total # of SATA ports 5

that would be helping the end consumer...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS