Monitor goes blank for several seconds...

Status
Not open for further replies.

elsurae

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2011
(about 2-4 seconds maybe a little longer at times.) This occurs when I launch certain programs like windows media player and certain high def streaming video as well as certain games such as Section 8 and Left4Dead2.

I have a dual monitor setup with a 24" and a 17" when I use these applications on the 17" this problem doesn't occur.

I am curious if it may have something to do with the graphics card. I've tinkered with it for quite a while now and haven't figured it out.

Its actually a minor thing and I can live with it... but if I don't have to than why should I? right?

thanks for reading and assisting :)

System Specs:
24" is a Hanns-G HH241 Resolution 1920x1080 (1080p)
17" is a Acer AL1716 Resolution 1280x1024
CPU: Intel Core2 QUAD Q6600 2.4Ghz
RAM: 8G ddr2
Graphics: Nvidia Geforce GTX 280 (Not SLI)

Solution
i think you have different resolutions on different monitores,,, thats y your card losses display for few seconds and regain... reinstall your GPU drivers while using the bigger monitor this will resolve ur problem... if u continue with it in that position it might bust ur card or Os or atomatically crupt drivers //

s9y143

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2011
i think you have different resolutions on different monitores,,, thats y your card losses display for few seconds and regain... reinstall your GPU drivers while using the bigger monitor this will resolve ur problem... if u continue with it in that position it might bust ur card or Os or atomatically crupt drivers //

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.