EVGA 8800GTS Defect! *UPDATE

I was looking at why this card was a bit choppy and it always has been. I think i figured out why, check this manufacturer defect by EVGA....
*****Can anyone confirm if theirs is the same or not?*****
This is the EVGA 8800 GTS 320mb version PCI-E
http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/1199/img71351.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Now what do i do? its out of warranty, i am good with a soldering iron, i could just fix it myself but has it been damaged already?
16 answers Last reply
More about evga 8800gts defect update
  1. it may be worth a shot, id re-solder it and see what happens. You can get an 8800gt or gt240 that cheap now you may want to consider an update.
  2. Um wow yeah i would try to re-solder it too i would not run that card in my system in that condition.
  3. I've seen 9800GT's recently for $50, why bother.
  4. ugh. Didn't EVGA have lifetime warrenty at some point?
  5. Try to rma the card if not a cheap 8800gt will do just fine.
  6. thanks for the replies guys, Ever since new in the box its been in a gamer computer running and it seemed to be fine until the fan started getting clogged with dust so heat is a def issue there... yea i dont know about the warranty ill check into that, THIS is clearly a defect and SHOULD be replaced for free by equivelent or of equal value. ill get back here and post what i fine. Thanks for the help.
  7. UPDATE*** I contacted EVGA about this issue, my card was never registered after it was bought and i did not recieve lifetime warranty, however, since it is clearly shown that this is a defect on the card, i had pictures to show them, they will honor that and they have granted me a free replacement of equal or greater value.....and i know this card is discontinued so probably a new card! woo!
  8. Let us know what they send you.
  9. d1rtyju1c3 said:
    Let us know what they send you.

Will do, ill be posting back here in a couple weeks.
  10. Hopefully they will give you a 9800gt or a gts450 as a replacement.
  11. I would take it outside and smash it with a hammer and then go buy something newer..
  12. christop said:
    I would take it outside and smash it with a hammer and then go buy something newer..

read the rest of the forum lol, its taken care of under granted warranty for defect, so smashing it wont do anything lol, i will get a free replacement card which will be a newer card because this one is discontinued
  13. fruitchew said:
    read the rest of the forum lol, its taken care of under granted warranty for defect, so smashing it wont do anything lol, i will get a free replacement card which will be a newer card because this one is discontinued

Agreed all that smashing it is going to give you is trash and no new card lol
  14. I rather have free new card than smash & trash.
  15. d1rtyju1c3 said:
    Let us know what they send you.

I have received the new card, they gave me the exact same one back but brand new in a nicely packaged unmarked box, so much for greater value...
  16. Wow lol who would have thought that they hadn't run out yet. At least you didn't end up with less as some have.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards EVGA Defect Graphics