Looking for mobo.. NOT Overclocking

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrispalm3r

Honorable
Mar 17, 2012
Hello,
I am just trying to find a good budget motherboard that is reliable and would last at least 2 years.. I wont be overclocking, but I just want to make sure that the RAM slots work, and everything else is functional for at least 2 years.

The reason I am searching for this is because 2 of my RAM slots are not operating on my current m4a78t-e mobo.

I am running a
Phenom II x4 965
G.Skill 1333 4gb (2sticks) - Going to upgrade this as well
:hello:

Solution
Tell that to the OP and his Asus motherboard with the bad DIMM slots.

Ultra durable motherboards are now in their 4th generation. Here is the original Gigabyte release. It is targeted for their new line of Intel products but the overall specs apply to AMD motherboards as well.

Like the Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3 AM3+ AMD 970 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3 for $105.

If the OP is interested in specs more in line with his current motherboard, he may consider the GA-990XA-UD3 AM3+ AMD 990X SATA 6Gb/s USB 3 or even the GA-990FXA-UD3 AM3+ AMD 990FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3

I like Gigabyte and all, but where is the ranking or award in that link? All I see is a promo from gigabyte for a new motherboard line called ultra durable.

For Durability, I look for quality in the motherboards actual components. Solid capacitors, low delta voltage regulators, etc. Gigabyte does a good job, but I like ASUS better on those criteria. Also, in the event something does happen to your motherboard, ASUS's customer support is magnificent.

Tell that to the OP and his Asus motherboard with the bad DIMM slots.

Ultra durable motherboards are now in their 4th generation. Here is the original Gigabyte release. It is targeted for their new line of Intel products but the overall specs apply to AMD motherboards as well.

Like the Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3 AM3+ AMD 970 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3 for $105.

If the OP is interested in specs more in line with his current motherboard, he may consider the GA-990XA-UD3 AM3+ AMD 990X SATA 6Gb/s USB 3 or even the GA-990FXA-UD3 AM3+ AMD 990FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3

Solution

chrispalm3r

Honorable
Mar 17, 2012
You guys are awesome, and yes I meant to say that I was looking at AM3+ motherboards for potential upgrades to newer processors. Sorry I forgot to mention that.

I also looked at the QVLs for all of my potential motherboards, but they don't list my memory specifically.. Is it safe to assume that they will work on my old sticks?

Also, when I said durable, I also mean consistently not DOA.. I find it really hard to believe a lot of the newegg reviews because to me they look really fake. (Like ASUS paid one of their employees to go buy a couple of their products and give it 5 stars.. I know this isn't true but this is what goes through my crazy brain)

I am sorry I forgot to mention all of this this morning, I was tired and I don't think too well right when I get up :)

Status
Not open for further replies.