Differences of shown stats for the Peeps between client an..

1)
Is it normal that the client shows for example the Dirk Light Submarine
with 69 hyperjump range and raceview with 300?

2)
And is it correct that when ships which have by design zero engines but
a assigned speed then they always can move with this speed?

GFM GToeroe

GFM GToeroe wrote:
> 1)
> Is it normal that the client shows for example the Dirk Light Submarine
> with 69 hyperjump range and raceview with 300?

There is a problem with client with all races and the hyp display of
ships. I have been telling Tim this for over a year now with no
results.

> 2)
> And is it correct that when ships which have by design zero engines but
> a assigned speed then they always can move with this speed?

Actually if you launch an outfit pod w/engine, dock and upgrade it to
the ships that are designed with no engines and have a maximum speed,
then that particular ship will move. For example the Sacrifice Improved
Battleship equipped with one Thylium thruster is able to move at a top
speed of 20 because of the gravitonic accelerator. The amnesty
recruitment center travels at 120 lyr with one Flt-5 engine in a pod
bay.

Before everyone screams "BUG" remember the ships are designed for a top
speed just no engine mounts. Being very resourceful, the Peep members
can mount an engine to a tin can nd make it work!!

melhadden@prodigy.net schrieb:

> There is a problem with client with all races and the hyp display of
> ships. I have been telling Tim this for over a year now with no
> results.
>

> Actually if you launch an outfit pod w/engine, dock and upgrade it to
> the ships that are designed with no engines and have a maximum speed,
> then that particular ship will move. For example the Sacrifice Improved
> Battleship equipped with one Thylium thruster is able to move at a top
> speed of 20 because of the gravitonic accelerator. The amnesty
> recruitment center travels at 120 lyr with one Flt-5 engine in a pod
> bay.

Thanks

> The amnesty recruitment center travels at 120 lyr with one Flt-5 engine in a pod bay.

Actually, you don't have to keep the pod with the engine docked to the
Amnesty. Just dock the outfit pod, "upgrade" the Amnesty (the engine
stays in the pod), and then you can undock the pod and use it to
upgrade the next Amnesty. Repeat and enjoy.

Karnak Prime

(Credit goes to Kingston for this tip.)

Sparrow

Just figured out that this problem exists for the UEA, too. Arbitrator
has a HYP range of 0 in the client, while it is indeed 360.