Sign in with
Your question

Gigabyte raid 0 cant install windows

Last response: in Motherboards
March 17, 2012 11:12:57 AM

Hi, i've never messed around with upgrading my own computer before. so please answer very detailed.

I've just put 2x ocz SSD's in raid 0 in my gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H motherboard. and windows can't see the drive when i try to install on a partition. i've heard that i need some sort of driver for windows to recognize the raid 0 drive. i've tried searching aroudn the web for it but i can't find it. can any1 please give me a link to the correct driver that will help windows find my drive so i can install ? :) 

Thank you :) 
a b V Motherboard
March 17, 2012 12:21:57 PM

illillillill said:
Hi, i've never messed around with upgrading my own computer before. so please answer very detailed.

I've just put 2x ocz SSD's in raid 0 in my gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H motherboard. and windows can't see the drive when i try to install on a partition. i've heard that i need some sort of driver for windows to recognize the raid 0 drive. i've tried searching aroudn the web for it but i can't find it. can any1 please give me a link to the correct driver that will help windows find my drive so i can install ? :) 

Thank you :) 

It will be on the DVD that came in the box with motherboard, or you can download it from the gigabyte site, so you can go get it from there and continue with your bad idea, good luck.
March 17, 2012 12:36:04 PM

jitpublisher said:
It will be on the DVD that came in the box with motherboard, or you can download it from the gigabyte site, so you can go get it from there and continue with your bad idea, good luck.

I found the drivers on my CD. and when i try to install them in the windows installation partition page thing they dont work. and the ones from the website doesen't even show up. :/ 

what do you mean "bad idea" ?
!