How to make the bios of P8z68-V-PRO write protected

dead_sincebirth

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2011
hi i got an asus p8z68-v-pro motherboard unfortunately a week before i got run into a BIOS issue my system stop booting and this all begin by opening a mail in microsoft outlook i told my friend he took my SSD out formated it with his PC and then he flashed my Bios now my mainboard is working properly . i thought that the mail was loaded with some bios corrupting malware .
i just want 2 knew that how can i make my BIOS write protected so that this *** don't happens to me in the future even when my SSD gets sme virus
thanks

Your BIOS is read only. That is what ROM stands for, "read only memory". You cannot "write" to your BIOS. You can only blank it out, and reflash it again. The virus did nothing to your BIOS, except maybe make some setting changes, which could be corrected instantly by just resetting it to the defaults. Your friend may have reflashed the BIOS just to be safe about everything, but it was more for peace of mind than it actually fixed anything. Just the fact that he was able to reflash it proves there was nothing wrong with it, if there was, the board would be dead and then you would have no recourse but to return it.