MY CPU is running VERY SLOW

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomunc

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2011
I just bought an N43Jf ASUS that has an i5 460. It's supposed to deliver 2.53 GHz speed. Instead, I get 0.89 GHz. Is my CPU faulty?

I tried limiting start-up programs and processes/services, but it isn't helping.

TIA, tomunc

tomunc

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2011
Yes, it's one of ASUS's newer releases...about $1,000 price. It has a few bugs, but the CPU one is the biggest. It also brags that it has a SonicMaster sound system. Unless that's also broken, it's garbage. I had to install Breakaway in order to hear a streaming movie.

pepe2907

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2010
Or the mobo is faulthy /as it provides the basic clock for the whole system, including the CPU. Do I understand it right that you buy it with the CPU allready in the socket? :) It may pretty much being some kind of "refurbished".

Ah , sorry, my mistake, a laptop :).

tomunc

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2011
Thank you ps3. I appreciate your response. I had never heard of that before. Is there a way to BYPASS IT? If I knew how to overclock it I would, and here it is underclocking without my approval. :(

tomunc

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2011

Yes. It came "fully" equipped. I'm just a bit disappointed as it Benchmarks poorly and the sound system, which they rave about in their advertising for the Notebook, downright sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.