Closed

MY CPU is running VERY SLOW

I just bought an N43Jf ASUS that has an i5 460. It's supposed to deliver 2.53 GHz speed. Instead, I get 0.89 GHz. Is my CPU faulty?

I tried limiting start-up programs and processes/services, but it isn't helping.

TIA, tomunc
7 answers Last reply
More about running slow
  1. Is this a laptop?
  2. Yes, it's one of ASUS's newer releases...about $1,000 price. It has a few bugs, but the CPU one is the biggest. It also brags that it has a SonicMaster sound system. Unless that's also broken, it's garbage. I had to install Breakaway in order to hear a streaming movie.
  3. Or the mobo is faulthy /as it provides the basic clock for the whole system, including the CPU. Do I understand it right that you buy it with the CPU allready in the socket? :) It may pretty much being some kind of "refurbished".

Ah , sorry, my mistake, a laptop :).
  4. Best answer selected by tomunc.
  5. Thank you ps3. I appreciate your response. I had never heard of that before. Is there a way to BYPASS IT? If I knew how to overclock it I would, and here it is underclocking without my approval. :(
  6. pepe2907 said:
    Or the mobo is faulthy /as it provides the basic clock for the whole system, including the CPU. Do I understand it right that you buy it with the CPU allready in the socket? :) It may pretty much being some kind of "refurbished".

Yes. It came "fully" equipped. I'm just a bit disappointed as it Benchmarks poorly and the sound system, which they rave about in their advertising for the Notebook, downright sucks.
  7. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Asus Intel i5