Will This CPU take The M5a97 for Bios update? Need quick answer

shaakazulu

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2012
I looked on the website of the guy who has the MSI who is my friend. He has an MSI 970 and it's not listed on his and it worked on his board. Should it work on mine? I mean it's AM3. Shouldn't matter.

http://www.msi.com/product/mb/970A-G45.html#/?div=CPUSupport

Also it says at the bottom of the board I have: All specifications are subject to change without notice. Please check with your supplier for exact offers. Products may not be available in all markets.

One other guy's worked with his Crossfire V and it's not listed there: http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/AMD_AM3Plus/Crosshair_V_Formula/#CPUS. So I'm guessing it should work.

shaakazulu

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2012
So I'm guessing it would be the motherboard that's bad? Figures. I hear alot of reviews of people getting bad mobos with this one. Oh well. I'll just see when the CPU gets here. If it doesn't come up again, I'll just RMA everything, Including CPU to make sure.

shaakazulu

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2012
Sosfm, I looked it up and thought I had the EVO version. And I looked it up and 0901 was the revised version. I'm guessing this board is bad. Happened to my A8n SLI board back in 2006 than I replaced that with the A8n-32 SLI. Happened to me again. Oh well. Gonna' RMA it for a replacement. Thinking about RMAing the CPU and ram as well. What do you think?

shaakazulu

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2012

Because I thought I had the EVO version of the board, but turns out it was the regular. Damn. I'm gonna' RMA the board and CPU ( FX processor ) just to make sure. I know for sure it's the mobo. I've had a mobo do this to me before. Everything was good, but once I have that mobo, It'd do the same exact thing. Argh.

shaakazulu

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2012
Quick update. Got all the RMA parts and you know what? IT WORKS! The bad side is I don't have Windows 7 right now, because the disc I have is scuffed up. The funny thing is when I use my FX 4100 only ram dimm can be read, but when I pop in my sempron 130, ALL discs read and I get no blue screens or errors. Weird. Do you think it's because of the BIOS?