Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Something is removing my Display Driver, HELP!

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 4, 2011 4:47:23 PM

Every time i restart my computer the display driver disappears. If i reinstall the driver without restarting the computer it works flawlessly. I've tried this with 3 different video cards. 2 of them were ATI and 1 was NVIDIA but all of them had the same effect. Does anyone know what is causing my system to remove the display driver?

Current System:

Motherboard: Gigabyte MA770T-UD3P
Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X2 550
Graphics Card: ASUS EAH5750 Directx 10 Radeon HD 5700 series
Memory: 4 GB DDR3 1333
HD: 1 TB Western Digital

More about : removing display driver

a b U Graphics card
February 4, 2011 6:20:06 PM

Do you have a virus scan?

Also, try downloading Malware Bytes and running a full scan.

Also, are you downloading the Catalyst Control Center or just the driver? If you aren't getting CCC, go to amd's website and download the entire thing and install.
Score
February 5, 2011 3:19:20 AM

Pallimud said:
Do you have a virus scan?

Also, try downloading Malware Bytes and running a full scan.

Also, are you downloading the Catalyst Control Center or just the driver? If you aren't getting CCC, go to amd's website and download the entire thing and install.

I have run several virus scans, malware scans, and spyware scans and removed any clutter programs I could. I do have CCC installed already.
Score
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
February 5, 2011 3:38:36 AM

What do you mean by the display driver is removed? Are the files missing or is it that the display has changed resolution? Does CCC disappear? Do the folders with the ATI files go missing?
Score
February 7, 2011 8:31:40 PM

The display driver appears to be uninstalled when i restart my computer. I reinstall the display driver every time i turn it on and my video card starts working again. CCC remains installed and all the drivers and components with it except for the display driver.
Score
February 7, 2011 8:37:38 PM

I am not sure it is actually uninstalling the display driver, but what I am sure of is that a reinstall of the driver is needed for the video card to function properly. I am wondering why that is.
Score
a b U Graphics card
February 7, 2011 9:29:17 PM

Let's back up a bit. When you restart what do you see? What makes you think the driver need reinstatement? You do not need CCC to be installed or active to use the drivers. It is just used to make adjustments if you want them.
Score
a b U Graphics card
February 8, 2011 1:06:53 PM

Personally, I'd uninstall CCC then get Driver Sweeper and delete all ATI drivers. Then restart. Then reinstall CCC and restart again. After that you should be all set.

If it is still acting up, then I'd think you have another issue with your system.
Score
February 8, 2011 2:16:28 PM

I restart my computer and it appears to be running fine until I try to run a game or anything graphically intense. Then the video card slows down to less than 1 fps. When I reinstall the display driver, it starts working perfect(60+fps) but the moment I restart my computer it goes back to 1 fps.

At first i thought it might have been a bug in the game so I deleted/uninstalled the game and all related folders and then I reinstalled it only to have the same issue. I've also installed an NVIDIA graphics card of the same quality as the one I have and I had the same issue once I restarted the computer and I didn't even have CCC on my system.
Score
a b U Graphics card
February 8, 2011 2:31:16 PM

Sounds like you have some problem with your system then.

Can you try putting your graphics card into another PCI-E socket?
Score
a b U Graphics card
February 8, 2011 3:33:27 PM

Are you installing on an admin account or limited user account ?? could be the OS is not letting the files be installed properly if you are on a user account that does not have the proper rights to install programs.
Score
February 9, 2011 5:52:46 AM

no i'm the admin and the only user
Score
a b U Graphics card
February 9, 2011 1:36:58 PM

This does not sound like the display driver is being removed. You can check this by looking at the driver version in the device manager section for the card. I would check that Direct X is properly installed and working. Also some games require the older versions of Direct X to be present to work. If you have CCC installed try going to the 3D section and checking the Let the Application Choose boxes for each effects. When you re-install the driver, it sets values to default. What games are showing the slow down? What settings are you playing at?
Score
February 9, 2011 1:40:41 PM

Go to safe mode uninstall all nvidia and ati drivers, restart start windows normally and install you drivers.
Score
a c 273 U Graphics card
March 31, 2011 9:12:50 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!