Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

PSP 9 and Canon G6 RAW?

Last response: in Digital Camera
Share
Anonymous
February 17, 2005 1:51:52 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

It appears that PSP 9 doesn't support the Canon RAW format produced by
the G6. I am assuming that Jasc will provide an upgrade to correct
this, since PSP 9 does support the G5. Any way around this in the
meantime? Is the G5 RAW and G6 RAW that different?

BTW... PSP 9 is awesome! :) 

More about : psp canon raw

Anonymous
February 17, 2005 1:51:53 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 22:51:52 GMT, in rec.photo.digital secheese
<sec@nbnet.nb.ca> wrote:

>It appears that PSP 9 doesn't support the Canon RAW format produced by
>the G6. I am assuming that Jasc will provide an upgrade to correct
>this, since PSP 9 does support the G5.

FWIW, Coral is now the owner of PSP.
----------
Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 (Usenet@EdwardG.Ruf.com)
See images taken with my CP-990/5700 & D70 at
http://edwardgruf.com/Digital_Photography/General/index...
Anonymous
February 17, 2005 5:02:20 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 18:18:42 -0500, Ed Ruf <egruf_usenet@cox.net>
wrote:

>On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 22:51:52 GMT, in rec.photo.digital secheese
><sec@nbnet.nb.ca> wrote:
>
>>It appears that PSP 9 doesn't support the Canon RAW format produced by
>>the G6. I am assuming that Jasc will provide an upgrade to correct
>>this, since PSP 9 does support the G5.
>
>FWIW, Coral is now the owner of PSP.

Actually it's Corel, not Coral... FWIW. Now... gotta any deets on
the RAW file issue? :) 
Related resources
Anonymous
February 17, 2005 9:34:51 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 02:02:20 GMT, in rec.photo.digital secheese
<sec@nbnet.nb.ca> wrote:

>On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 18:18:42 -0500, Ed Ruf <egruf_usenet@cox.net>
>wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 22:51:52 GMT, in rec.photo.digital secheese
>><sec@nbnet.nb.ca> wrote:
>>
>>>It appears that PSP 9 doesn't support the Canon RAW format produced by
>>>the G6. I am assuming that Jasc will provide an upgrade to correct
>>>this, since PSP 9 does support the G5.
>>
>>FWIW, Coral is now the owner of PSP.
>
>Actually it's Corel, not Coral... FWIW. Now... gotta any deets on
>the RAW file issue? :) 

Spell checker issue. No updates are available. Have you asked tech support
for this as a new feature? It doesn't support my 5700 as well. I now see a
note that RAW support is provided by Bibble. There is a patch to the US
version t0 9.01, NOTE: We have added support for Canon Powershot S50, G2
EOS and 20D cameras with our 9.01 update patch.
http://support.corel.com/scripts/rightnow.cfg/php.exe/e...**&p_li=

And addresses numerous issues http://www5.jasc.com/pub/en/psp901enrn.html
I'm still sticking with V8.1 myself.
----------
Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 (Usenet@EdwardG.Ruf.com)
See images taken with my CP-990/5700 & D70 at
http://edwardgruf.com/Digital_Photography/General/index...
Anonymous
February 17, 2005 10:47:23 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 06:34:51 -0500, Ed Ruf <egruf_usenet@cox.net>
wrote:

>On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 02:02:20 GMT, in rec.photo.digital secheese
><sec@nbnet.nb.ca> wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 18:18:42 -0500, Ed Ruf <egruf_usenet@cox.net>
>>wrote:
>>
>>>On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 22:51:52 GMT, in rec.photo.digital secheese
>>><sec@nbnet.nb.ca> wrote:
>>>
>>>>It appears that PSP 9 doesn't support the Canon RAW format produced by
>>>>the G6. I am assuming that Jasc will provide an upgrade to correct
>>>>this, since PSP 9 does support the G5.
>>>
>>>FWIW, Coral is now the owner of PSP.

And hopefully PSP will get to be much the same as Corel Photo Paint,
whihc is a great editor.

>>
>>Actually it's Corel, not Coral... FWIW. Now... gotta any deets on
>>the RAW file issue? :) 
>
> Spell checker issue. No updates are available. Have you asked tech support
>for this as a new feature? It doesn't support my 5700 as well. I now see a
>note that RAW support is provided by Bibble. There is a patch to the US
>version t0 9.01, NOTE: We have added support for Canon Powershot S50, G2
>EOS and 20D cameras with our 9.01 update patch.
>http://support.corel.com/scripts/rightnow.cfg/php.exe/e...**&p_li=
>
>And addresses numerous issues http://www5.jasc.com/pub/en/psp901enrn.html
>I'm still sticking with V8.1 myself.
>----------
>Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 (Usenet@EdwardG.Ruf.com)
>See images taken with my CP-990/5700 & D70 at
>http://edwardgruf.com/Digital_Photography/General/index...
!