Cpu out of box overheat

futureline

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2011
Hello, I'm a newbie with my first bild, with a Asus Sabertooth 990FX motherboar, AMD Phenom II X4 975BE 3.6ghz processor with a boxed fan.

From the first install, the cpu-temp was 60'ish, and the max temp on this processor is 62c, and therefore I have tried different methods of adding thermal paste (which is Arctic silver Ceramique), and have also used the guidelines from arctic silver, without any progress in lowering the temp.

The case is a NZXT Phantom with 4 built-in fans, and I added the maximum 3 extra, where I controlled the airflow so it comes in from the front and side,- and out on top and back.

The 3 fans on the side are all blowing in to the motherboard and cpu.

I would think that with this setup I would have lower temps than 60 (as I write here), does anyone have a idea if this could be a faulty processor, or should I try something else?

I'm new at this, but feel that I have done all the things that I could read up on, so I really need some help on taking the next steps here...
Thanks in advance.
Tommy

futureline

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2011
I got the warning message "warning +VDDA Voltage 2.820v when turning turning down the cpu voltage.

This has been twisting my head for days now, but a buddy mentioned the lockhandle on the heatsink, and from day one that has been a little wiggly, even though the heatsink seems to be atached firmly.

But, I guess it shouldn't be like that, so I will try to get a new one (will probably take me a week now) and replace it.
It would atleast explain the problems I have, and could actually be a logical solution to it, som I'm crossing my fingers, and I'll post the update here. :)