PC won't boot after installing graphics card

zweibel3

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2011
I bought this card used from ebay. When I first got the card, I hooked everything up, tried to boot the pc and got nothing. No display in the monitor, no fans whirring, just a blinking red light on the front of the pc. I then did some searching around on the internet, and based on suggestions to people with similar problems I tried disabling the integrated graphics on my motherboard. Still no boot.

The odd thing about this (I don't know why I even tried this) is that if I remove the 6 pin power connector from the graphics card, the pc will boot and the fan on the card spins up, but the card is not detected by my computer. Based on that I thought this was a psu problem, but from everything I've read my psu is way above the minimum requirement. I've also tried this with a 680W psu with the same result. Any suggestions?

The relevant hardware:
psu - 575 W Logisys (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817170017)
graphics card - XFX 9600 gso 768mb
mobo - intel desktop board d945gcz

zweibel3

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2011

What kind of 12 V amp rating should I look for if I replace the psu? Everything I've read online just recommends certain wattages.