MSI 880GM-E41 problem

UMYNIG

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2011
Hi guys,

I am building a cheap computer for my little cousin. I decided to go with MSI 880GM-E41 motherboard and AMD Athlon II X3 455 3.3 GHz. When I checked the specs in Control Panel->System, the processor was shown as 2.20 GHz instead of 3.30 I then tried other CPUs with this motherboard and they all got displayed as 2.20 GHz. I am using the on board GPU ATI 4250 and I don't know if this has anything to do with the limited CPU speed. The RAM is 4GB DDR3

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I would try flashing the bios anyway. The board supports the 445 rana, so your cpu might come up as "unknown" but still run faster with a bios flash. Disable any boot block files in the bios and also windows firewalls. I use msi's live update while running windows. You download it and install it on your system. Then reboot and start the procedure. You'll get a small black screen while flashing. Don't do anything until the file is finished loading; it should reboot automatically. If you're nice, msi might even email a newer bios file just for your cpu. Foxconn did it for me recently.