24GB on Asus P6T Deluxe

darkpain

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2008
Hey guys,
Its been long time since i am searching Ram for my PC and now i have the money to make my purchase.
Currently i am having CORSAIR TR3X6G1600C8D DHX DDR3 6GB but are not enough so i will replace them with new 24GB after a lot of search and talking with Corsair forums about mixing them.
I had read a lot about compatibility and other user opinions but i want your personal opinion if you have my motherboard(Asus P6T DELUXE/OC PALM EDITION) with 24GB RAM installed.
In Asus website and in Ram manufactures they say that 24GB work with this motherboard but a lot of users are complaining(especially about Corsair`s).Anyone from here has 24GB in that motherboard?And what Ram?
I don`t want to give a lot of money again so i decided not to buy Corsair Dominator this time.
So which you think i should buy from the above?
Kingston KHX1600C9D3T1BK6/24GX or
Corsair CMZ24GX3M6A1600C9???
Anyone has these?

P.S I forgot to mention that currently i have overclocked my CPU to 4GHz and Ram to 1486MHz.

Thanks in Advance :)

Many of the X58's can even run 6x8GB (48GB) and I'd say the folks that have problems running 6x4GB is due primarily to (2) two primary issues: (1) BIOS Memory Protection (needs to be Enabled) and (2) mixing two sets together even if they're same kits.

The KHX1600C9D3T1BK6/24GX matched kit is fine, but so is the CMZ24GX3M6A1600C9 or PV7324G1600ELHK. In addition to using XMP I too recommend increasing, as needed, the QPI (or VTT) DRAM Voltage -> 1.25v~1.35v as needed.

Memory Protect; see - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AOylHaCyUA
X58 with 6x8GB (48GB); see - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0eGh3cPt0w

darkpain

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2008

Thank you very much for the reply and for the information. :)
I didnt notice such setting in my Bios(Memory Protection) but i will check it again.
:eek: i didnt know that is possible to have 48GB.

Currently i am having QPI/DRAM Core at 1.35V and DRAM Bus at 1.64V.
So which one from the above Ram do you recommend me to buy?Corsair Vengeance or Kingston T1?

FIRST, be sure that you have a version of Windows that supports >16GB of RAM, most folks blame the RAM when they either overlook the BIOS or the fact that e.g. Windows Home Premium is limited to 16GB; see - http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa366778(v=vs.85).aspx#physical_memory_limits_windows_7

As far as which 24GB kit, either runs more less the same at DDR3-1600 CAS 9, and where the difference come into play is running them OC i.e. greater than Rated Frequency/CAS. In the case of OC the RAM >Rated then the Kingston KHX1600C9D3T1BK6/24G or PV7324G1600ELHK.

Pretty much all Corsair Vengeance kits aren't good running > (greater) than Rated, but at Rated their perfectly fine.

darkpain

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2008

Thank you very much man,i appreciate :D
Operating system is not a problem(Windows Seven Ultimate 64bit).
I am thinking buying Kingston`s...it just i am a Corsair fan but Dominator are too expensive for me this time!!Always i had Corsair Ram and trust them... but now i will probably go for Kingston because are cheaper and i dont want to have overclocking problems....

darkpain

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2008

Thank you,i got the RAM today.I ordered Corsair because Kingston was out of stock and i couldnt wait! :p
So for future users dont think about it,are working fine with this motherboard!
I change only XMP and the frequency(because i overclocked my pc).
I set XMP to Profile 2 some other settings for overclocking my CPU and set Ram to ~1490MHz.After testing them with prime,memtest they seem to be OK and Windows recognized them immediately without any problem.
I forgot to mention that i didnt change anything in BIOS(Memory Protection),my mobo didnt have such setting.
There are not like Dominator(heavier-better quality heatsinks) but are cheaper(half price) and my PC is now running at 4GHZ with 24GB RAM at ~1490MHz stable and fast. :D

darkpain

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2008

Yes i bought CMZ24GX3M6A1600C9,i am happy 2 :D