Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

A final touch!

Last response: in Systems
Share
April 10, 2011 12:16:26 PM

So im going to buy my computer tomorrow (I hope)
If you have any advice or tips when I have to build it, or better parts for my computer for about the same price (max $1,444) ill will be happy to hear from you!
I also need some thermal paste, is there a difference on them or is it the same?

http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx...


If i can save $300 without making its performance alot worse and then get this SSD

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

that would be nice!


More about : final touch

April 10, 2011 12:55:43 PM

First off, the system itself look really good all around. I could see the ram interfering with the heatsink beacuse of how big both your ram and heatsink are. I would recommend these http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... GSkills. I would also recomend you swap out that Noctua for a Spire Thermax Eclipse II.

Its rated number 1 on frosty techs list of top five heatsinks http://www.frostytech.com/top5heatsinks.cfm , while the Noctua is ranked 4th. I personally own the Spire Thermax Eclipse II and it keeps my CPU at a frosty 14C.
April 10, 2011 1:10:25 PM
Related resources
April 10, 2011 1:17:45 PM

mk-ultra said:
First off, the system itself look really good all around. I could see the ram interfering with the heatsink beacuse of how big both your ram and heatsink are. I would recommend these http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... GSkills. I would also recomend you swap out that Noctua for a Spire Thermax Eclipse II.

Its rated number 1 on frosty techs list of top five heatsinks http://www.frostytech.com/top5heatsinks.cfm , while the Noctua is ranked 4th. I personally own the Spire Thermax Eclipse II and it keeps my CPU at a frosty 14C.


The thing is im from Denmark, and in Denmark you cant get the GSkills. So how mutch better is they compared to the Corsair? if they are mutch better i can buy them in Germany for a low prise.

The cooler looks good im gonna look at it :) 




Looks like some good deals but cant get them in Denmark :\\
April 10, 2011 1:29:01 PM

Quote:
The thing is im from Denmark, and in Denmark you cant get the GSkills. So how mutch better is they compared to the Corsair? if they are mutch better i can buy them in Germany for a low prise.

The cooler looks good im gonna look at it :) 


Great! I would recommend buying it from amazon unless Denmark has it in their store. The ram itself would be the same, but there is no way you could fit either heatsink in a case if you use the corsair dominator ram. Could you give me the website you'll use to order these products and i'll post the ram i think you should get.
April 10, 2011 1:38:23 PM

mk-ultra said:
Quote:
The thing is im from Denmark, and in Denmark you cant get the GSkills. So how mutch better is they compared to the Corsair? if they are mutch better i can buy them in Germany for a low prise.

The cooler looks good im gonna look at it :) 


Great! I would recommend buying it from amazon unless Denmark has it in their store. The ram itself would be the same, but there is no way you could fit either heatsink in a case if you use the corsair dominator ram. Could you give me the website you'll use to order these products and i'll post the ram i think you should get.


We have a very small range of products in Denmark but everything you can get in Denmark is on this site http://www.edbpriser.dk/

We dont even have the cooler :( 
April 10, 2011 5:38:52 PM

martinohansen said:
amazon.com dont ship evey thing to Denmark and they have high ship prize to Denmark :( 

Will it effect the rams performance alot doing this:
http://www.noctua.at/images/faqs/nh_d14_dominator_ddr3....


Ingenious! It would not affect the performance, it might affect its cooling effectiveness but not by much. So you going to buy the Noctua instead of the Spire? Either one's a good choice but the spire is about 30 dollars cheaper and runs cooler.
April 10, 2011 6:54:09 PM

mk-ultra said:
Ingenious! It would not affect the performance, it might affect its cooling effectiveness but not by much. So you going to buy the Noctua instead of the Spire? Either one's a good choice but the spire is about 30 dollars cheaper and runs cooler.


I would love to buy the Spire but it will be to expensive to buy it from Denmark :( 
April 10, 2011 7:16:23 PM

No need for the spire unless you are doing some extreme overclocking and, if your doing that the Nactua will be an exceptional cooler and will stay silent.
April 10, 2011 7:27:39 PM

martinohansen said:
I would love to buy the Spire but it will be to expensive to buy it from Denmark :( 


Oh, well the noctua will me more then enough for your needs. As long as you get either one you just can't go wrong.
April 10, 2011 7:30:49 PM

mrhoshos96 said:
No need for the spire unless you are doing some extreme overclocking and, if your doing that the Nactua will be an exceptional cooler and will stay silent.


If you have any speakers or you use headphones you won't hear the spire, and it offers better cooling then the noctua even if you use only one fan. I don't know what temps noctua offers but the spire is giving me 14C consent with a .3GHz overclock (no voltage increase). And the spire is only 55 dollars (if you live in the US) and well worth the price.
!