Sapphire HD4870 + Bush A637F 37" 1080p HDTV

rich18144

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2009
Hi guys,

I can't seem to get my head around making this work properly. I have the equipment as found in the subject, with the A637 being connected to a DVI-I to HDMI converter (grey coloured) and the A637F doesn't seem to be setup right. There are two reasons I think this:

1. There is a 1-2" black border around the edge of the screen, which means I'm not utilising the whole of the viewing space
2. The image quality is what I would call "cut". It almost looks like I forgot to turn the anti-aliasing on.

I have tried booting the computer displaying only through the TV, and when it is loading, the motherboard logo screen & windows 7 loading screen display perfectly, but it then shifts when it hits the login page.

When fiddling with the settings, I can see that the display is fine when I have it set to 1080i or 720p, but doesn't seem to work when I shift it up to 1080p, something that it should be able to handle.

Do you think this is a software issue, or is my TV not capable of showing 1080p through this sort of connection?

Thank you for your time,

Richard Allan

Helltech

Distinguished
TVs aren't exactly made to be perfect substitutes to monitors, sometimes you have problems with them. Its not common, but it happens. Having it be a little fuzzy sounds normal to me.

I'm not sure what your problem is, but it could just be the TV doesn't play nicely as a monitor.