Case -Corsair 500r
CPU - Intel Core i5-2500k
CPU Cooler - Coolermaster Hyper 212+
Motherboard - ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen3
GPU - EVGA GTX 560 Ti FPB (Fermi) 1GB 265-bit
Memory - G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 1600
PSU - CORSAIR Professional Series HX750
HDD - Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200

On boot, it seems as though the motherboard isn't powering on, although the case fans/leds and CPU and GPU fans all turn on. There is no video being displayed to the monitor through either VGA/DVI/HDMI, no beeps, and Dr Debug LED on the motherboard does not light up at any point. I've made sure all connections were secure, tested each RAM slot and only used 1 stick. I've also tried using a USB keyboard, which doesn't light up or work on either the front or back ports. I've also tried removing the cmos battery, did not seem to help though.

I'm hoping the board isn't dead and some of you may have suggestions for me as for what I can try to test things further. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Dave

Rocco0891

Honorable
Mar 18, 2012

Thanks for the quick response and suggestion!

I just tried and still the same result :\

Ex_Dell_User

Honorable
Feb 27, 2012
Yeah, using the jumper for resetting the CMOS was a long shot.

Another long shot, but might yield information--Can you get video to display if you remove the GPU and hook the monitor up to the mobo internal video out?

Rocco0891

Honorable
Mar 18, 2012

Yeah :/

I had thought about that earlier actually but my mobo doesn't have onboard video unfortunately. Quite frustrating lol.

Thanks again for the response. Any fresh ideas help

benjammn

Honorable
Mar 19, 2012
I just bought a new Seasonic PSU X750 and a new SSD to use for the OS, using same board. It used to run before but the old PSU was, well, old and not very efficient and didn't have enough outputs. Plus I bought a CM Storm Trooper case to hold it all together, very spacious and neat wiring. Well, first time I fired it up last night it wouldn't boot to CD/DVD even though it recognized it in POST. So I decided to reset Cmos.....now it won't even fire up, just kicks fans on for a split second and that's it. Very odd. I have tried pulling the battery and removed 2 of the 4 sticks of 4GB RAM to see if that would help, even though I don't know why that should matter since it worked before.

If you find out anything, please post it. I sent ASRock an email but who know's when I will get a reply back.

Sevogajre

Honorable
Apr 21, 2012
I'm in the same boat as the original poster. Here's hoping we can get some more attention to this thread with more suggestions. If the mobo is bad it will be the second board I've replaced! Not really happy right now. :/

scout_03

Titan
Ambassador
@ Sevogajre first you need to check all your cable on the motherboard and see if there is any light that comes on psu maybe not powering the board
then put a memory stick in slot 1 a to try for booting if it work add 1 sticks in slot b 1
(another thing we are all doing this on a voluntary basis to give help on the forum so take of what you write if you want the forum member to give you help )

Sevogajre

Honorable
Apr 21, 2012
Thanks for the advice. Work's been a bear lately so I haven't been able to get back here.

First, I'm still having the same problem with this board. Since my last post I have:
-Bought a power supply tester. PSU checked out good (It's a Corsair 750 Watt Modular PSU, so pretty quality I thought)
-Swapped out the CPU into a friend's PC. His PC with my new processor in it booted up perfectly (was recognized by BIOS, he played some Battlefield 3 with it, etc.) So I think the CPU is good.

I have not yet swapped the RAM into a different slot yet, I'll try that. Any other ideas?

Thanks in advance.

scout_03

Titan
Ambassador
@Sevogajre since you where able to test your cpu on a friend motherboard and it work ,could you try your graphic card in is mobo then if you could your memory sticks one at the time this way we will see if it is not the board the real issue

Sevogajre

Honorable
Apr 21, 2012
Working on testing my graphics card in my friend's PC (couldn't get together tonight) but I tried my mem sticks one at a time, it acted the same as it has before (fans spin up, but Dr. Debug LED never lights up). Didn't matter which mem stick I used, and it didn't matter which slot I put them in.