Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Disguise WLAN connection for my laptop

Last response: in Wireless Networking
November 3, 2010 1:02:14 AM

Is there anything in router settings to prevent certain laptops on the wlan network to be disguised. For example, I need to find a setting where the router doesn't show that i'm downloading/uploading anything. Everytime I start downloading something or uploading something the WLAN light on the router flickers like crazy. Is there anything to disable that? I need to figure this out so everytime I get online my douchebag roommate doesn't know. Thanks. I'm willin to literally open the freakin router up and cut a certain cable so it just looks static instead of it flickering. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have an AMBIT Broadband router. This one: http://www.ubeeinteractive.com/index.php/products/produ...
a b D Laptop
November 3, 2010 6:02:53 AM

No that does not exist. The default for the LED is ON. When you start transferring data the LED is being turned OFF; therefore, no cable to cut.

put a sticker or tap over the LED.Maybe your roomy will not notice.
m
l
November 3, 2010 12:36:12 PM

Wouldn't there be a cable for keeping it on and one for turning it off? What if I cut that cable if there was one...?
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a b D Laptop
November 3, 2010 4:18:29 PM

NO. There is only a + and - connection. the LED is controlled by a ON/OFF switch inside a chip.

Sorry m8 no cable to cut, and no settings to turn OFF the LED.
November 3, 2010 11:19:55 PM

aw man :( . Thanks man for letting me know.
m
l
November 3, 2010 11:20:10 PM

Best answer selected by Strings.
m
l
!