Solved

Disguise WLAN connection for my laptop

Is there anything in router settings to prevent certain laptops on the wlan network to be disguised. For example, I need to find a setting where the router doesn't show that i'm downloading/uploading anything. Everytime I start downloading something or uploading something the WLAN light on the router flickers like crazy. Is there anything to disable that? I need to figure this out so everytime I get online my douchebag roommate doesn't know. Thanks. I'm willin to literally open the freakin router up and cut a certain cable so it just looks static instead of it flickering. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have an AMBIT Broadband router. This one: http://www.ubeeinteractive.com/index.php/products/product-overview/wireless_cable_router1/
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about disguise wlan connection laptop
  1. No that does not exist. The default for the LED is ON. When you start transferring data the LED is being turned OFF; therefore, no cable to cut.

put a sticker or tap over the LED.Maybe your roomy will not notice.
  2. Wouldn't there be a cable for keeping it on and one for turning it off? What if I cut that cable if there was one...?
  3. Best answer
    NO. There is only a + and - connection. the LED is controlled by a ON/OFF switch inside a chip.

Sorry m8 no cable to cut, and no settings to turn OFF the LED.
  4. aw man :(. Thanks man for letting me know.
  5. Best answer selected by Strings.
Ask a new question

Read More

Configuration Laptops Routers WLAN Wireless Networking