Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Help with Blu-ray playback on GTX580?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 5, 2011 1:57:44 PM

I just upgraded my PC this week, and added in an LG Blu-ray writer. This came with PowerDVD 9 (most likely an OEM version), which I'm trying to play Blu-ray discs on. I'm getting an error telling me that it "cannot play back the protected content Error Code = 0122"; and to "make sure the graphics driver meets the minimum requirements".

Does anyone else have blu-ray playback working over their GTX580?

Are there open source solutions I can try for alternative blu-ray playback?

NVidia control panel states "your graphics card and display are HDCP-capable". I'm using a Samsung 30" 305T+ over dual-link DVI at 2560x1600 driven by an EVGA GTX 580 Superclocked. Drivers are the current release version: 266.58.

Am I missing something obvious here? The Cyberlink Blu-ray Disc Advisor doesn't recognize my CPU, and it says my "graphics card driver" and "hdcp compliant display" are both showing "No" under "BD Ready".

Best solution

a c 271 U Graphics card
February 5, 2011 2:34:02 PM

Sounds like an issue with PowerDVD 9 as that was released long before the GTX580 and would need an update to it's config files before it could recognise it.
February 5, 2011 3:05:41 PM

Yeah, sure enough upgrading to the trial of PowerDVD 10 works. So much for a free program... (it came with the blu-ray drive).
Score
Related resources
February 5, 2011 3:05:54 PM

Best answer selected by aardwolf.
Score
February 5, 2011 3:09:17 PM

Hmm.. even that only gets me to opening credits before the same message appears. I guess I'll have to wait this one out.
Score
a c 271 U Graphics card
February 5, 2011 3:16:02 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!