Sign in with
Your question

RAM Question

Last response: in Memory
March 18, 2012 11:16:11 PM

Is patriot memory modules a good brand of RAM?

thx

More about : ram question

a b } Memory
March 18, 2012 11:29:21 PM

They are considered a second tier manufacturer. Not the best, but by no means the worst.
m
l
a b } Memory
March 18, 2012 11:44:06 PM

abekl said:
They are considered a second tier manufacturer. Not the best, but by no means the worst.
:o  Is there a webpage about RAM hierarchy? I must see it now.
I thought RAM just "worked" like it's suppose to.
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
March 18, 2012 11:58:43 PM

@e56imfg: Not by a long shot, twice now I have bought cheap RAM new (you know that RAM that's about 5 bucks cheaper, and has some funky looking name on it), and after running memtest 86+ I discovered it was bad RAM, that didn't work correctly. Being revealed many errors, now I just stick with SAMSUNG because they haven't given me any trouble.
m
l
a b } Memory
March 19, 2012 12:11:35 AM

e56imfg said:
:o  Is there a webpage about RAM hierarchy? I must see it now.
I thought RAM just "worked" like it's suppose to.

There is no page with a hierarchy, just people who know from experience.
m
l
a b } Memory
March 19, 2012 1:18:15 AM

abekl said:
There is no page with a hierarchy, just people who know from experience.
Then could you tell me your opinion on Corsair, Muskin, G.Skill, Kingston, PNY, and any more you think of?
m
l
a b } Memory
March 19, 2012 1:25:55 AM

i use patriot and they work with the specs i bought them for
m
l
March 19, 2012 1:29:37 AM

Can't go wrong with Mushkin, G.Skill(<---this is all I use) or Corsair, IMO.
m
l
a b } Memory
March 19, 2012 1:31:09 AM

e56imfg said:
Then could you tell me your opinion on Corsair, Muskin, G.Skill, Kingston, PNY, and any more you think of?

These are all good brands. You can't go wrong with any of these. Stay away from lesser known brands, such as Wintec.
m
l
March 19, 2012 1:38:12 AM

Patriot gaming series have been great in the past. More important to look at the memory chip manufacturer of the actual built in chip than the vendor of the RAM. Most of these manufacturers bin their purchases to get what they want out of the memory and promise to their customers. In the end, some of the companies out there are more relaxed with their expectations than others. Beware of pie in the sky promises from unknown vendors.
m
l
!