Maximus IV Extreme-Z Future Proof?

Russell_PC

Honorable
Mar 13, 2012
Hi Everyone,

I'm just wondering about the Maximus IV extreme Mobo in relation to newer generation GPU future proofing,
I run 3 way SLI pretty much all the time, currently I have 3 x MSI GTX 570 Twin Frozr III's, which do the job more than fine at the moment.
dont get me wrong this mobo is great especially when it comes to extreme OC'ing
but what im curious about is:

When my gtx 570's become obsolete, and it time to upgrade to the newest gen in GPU's, probs in 2 or 3 years,
Will my Asus Maximus IV Extreme-Z be sufficient for the new gen GPU's?
or will i have to upgrade to a newer mobo as well?

thanks a heap :)

Solution
in 2/3 years? It'll be more a CPU obsoletion rather than your GPU's so you probably would have to get a new mobo then in order to support a CPU and the newer GPU's then.

noahscorp

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2011
in 2/3 years? It'll be more a CPU obsoletion rather than your GPU's so you probably would have to get a new mobo then in order to support a CPU and the newer GPU's then.

Solution

Russell_PC

Honorable
Mar 13, 2012
thanks for replys

which raises another question tho:
you say in 2-3 years time my mobo should still be able to support the new high end GPU's, which i hope is the case,
and if so, then i know my CPU will be the main problem with bottlenecking and such.
and I definitely will be getting a new one
but..

now Im wondering, in 2-3 years time when I do decide to get 2 or 3 of the new high end graphics cards along with a new CPU to match

do you think there will still be high end LGA 1155 supported CPU's?
if anyone knows please comment :)

thanks

G

Intel is not very well known for backwards compatibility so I wouldn't keep my hopes up, but if you have enough money for 2-3 high end graphic cards every 2-3 years, new motherboard shouldn't really be a concern. :p

Russell_PC

Honorable
Mar 13, 2012
haha you have a good point, I think ill just ride this computer out untill I see a better option couple years and build up from there :)
probs do some heavy overclocks too, figure by the time my hardware dies itll be time to upgrade anyway :)

thanks man you been a big heap!