Sign in with
Your question

Need Help with Upgrades

Last response: in Systems
April 11, 2011 1:55:37 AM

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forums, im not sure if im even in the right place to post this, I suppose we'll find out.

I'm looking to upgrade my computer, or even if i need upgrading, just looking for suggestions honestly

CPU: i7 960 @ 3.2 stock i7 960

Mobo: p6x58d Premium MOBO

Ram: 6 x 2 GB Mushkin pc3-10700h (667 mhz) RAM

Power Supply: corsair 850W

Video Card: Radeon hd 5870 stock Radeon 5870

Hard Drives: Main: Crucial RealSSD C300 CTFDDAC128MAG-1G1 2.5\" 128GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD), Secondary: 1 TB cheap HD SSD HD

Fan: Noctua NH-d14 NOCTUA

Case: COOLER MASTER HAF X RC-942-KKN1 Black Steel COOLING CASE

Monitors: Samsung 23", dell 19"

This is my Computer that i prebuilt myself, like i was saying id like to upgrade it, but im not sure what is the worst component at the moment, im an avid gamer, right now im playing crysis 2, dead space 2, WOW, Rift Online, Half Life 2, I also wanna be ready for anything that comes out in the next 1 or 2 years

im not sure if you need anything else

thanks

Approximate Purchase Date: ASAP

Budget Range: Any

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, Watching stuff online

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: anything that ships to canada

Country of Origin:Canada

Parts Preferences: Suggestions please

Overclocking: Maybe

SLI or Crossfire: Yes

Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080

More about : upgrades

April 12, 2011 8:17:57 PM

I have no suggestions. Your system is better than mine and I play all the same games. You already have a system that will last you another 1 to 2 years. 6 months from now the next gen graphics cards and processors will be out. You may want to add another GPU or upgrade your CPU then.
April 13, 2011 4:53:28 AM

Same Here! I do major video editing, and that system could handle any HD footage I throw at it. I say keep what you got and wait for "maybe" a better video card.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
April 14, 2011 2:45:09 AM

ok so i decided to wait a bit for upgrades, except, i wanna get better monitors, i was looking at the benq xl2410t but ive read so many posts about having issues with backlit bleeding and dead pixels im not sure if its the way to go, i want 2 top of the line monitors for gaming. any suggestions? also im not sure if my radeon 5870 can run 2 120hz monitors if not i don't care, ill upgrade my card if necessary
April 14, 2011 3:31:50 AM

Concur with waiting....

The 5870 is comparable to (or slightly ahead of) the GTX560; I'd stand pat until you begin to think a future released game is too slow for your given card at your chosen, then can think about a possible upgrade to whatever card matches the GTX580 a year or so from now....
!