Corruption on new 6870 Card?

MangeyKalzoo

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2011
Hi, everyone

I just bought a new sapphire 6870 card and I'm already having problems with it. I'm not sure how to explain what is happeing but it almost looks like the windows arent refreshing so when you drag them there becomes a million of them sort of like in this picture:

winxp_error_nostalgia.png

This is not a 100% accurate depiction but its the only pic i could find that resembles my problem

Im not sure if its the hardware because i can still play games with it without any apparent problems but is it possible the card is bad? or is this maybe a driver problem. I have version 10.12 of catalyst installed btw. Thanks in advance

reprotected

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2009
That problem does not usually occur because of the graphics card, but because of a non-responsive program's Window is dragged.

However, that is not to say it's not the cause. I remember this happening quite often when I accidentally uninstalled my graphics card driver. The Windows were slow and that sorta happened. I recommend that you uninstall your drivers, reinstall them, and see if the problem persists. Also, before you reinstall your drivers, see if that problem is still present, if it is, then most likely it isn't your driver. Try to make sure your computer isn't dusty, nothing is overheating, you're not infected with a virus, and so on. Make sure you also have plenty of RAM.

MangeyKalzoo

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2011

I did as you said and uninstalled all the drivers but instead of reinstalling the latest version on ati's website (which i tried before). I used the drivers off the original installation cd (which i never initially did) and now it works great. Thanks Bro.

TRENDING THREADS