Sign in with
Your question

GTX 460 vs GTX 560

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 5, 2011 10:10:07 PM

I'm looking at the following two EVGA cards:
GTX 460: 01G-P3-1380-KR
GTX 560 ti: 01G-P3-1561-AR

Bear in mind that I don't do any super hardcore gaming, and either card is a HUGE upgrade from my super-outdated cards, and also, I will probably at some point end up adding in a second card. Current setup was Dual GeForce 7900 GTX cars, which ran most of my games ok. I was wanting an upgrade sooner or later as I'm missing some higher end settings and getting some game lag, but now one of my cards has crapped out anyway, so I'm upgrading sooner.

I am really going to get a noticeable enough difference to justify the $50 upgrade from the 460 to the 560? ($100 once I add in the second card.) I don't see a huge difference between the two spec-wise.

Also, will I have a problem running either of these cards in a dual setup with a 1000W power supply, or will I need to upgrade that too?

More about : gtx 460 gtx 560

a c 173 U Graphics card
February 5, 2011 10:17:01 PM

You are looking at a 20% difference in performance over all conservatively due to higher clocks on the 560. If you want raw power then go for the GTX 560 but if cost or just not the interest in the more expensive card then a 460 will do just fine. I got a 460 and it is a wonderful card and will be a massive upgrade over your old cards. ps I got two 7900gtx duo (quad sli)
m
l
a b U Graphics card
February 5, 2011 10:22:14 PM

Definitely go with the 560 Ti, if you have the money. ;) 
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/nvidia-geforce-gtx-...
It even beat out the 470 by a fair margin. Definitely worth the extra money, if you're willing to spend it.
Two 560's could easily be run in SLI on a 1000w PSU.
http://guru3d.com/article/geforce-gtx-560-ti-sli-review...

...and there you have it. Happy shopping! :D 
Good choice on EVGA, by the way. It hurts me when I see people buying crap from other cheap companies over them because of an insignificant difference in clock speed, or something like that...
m
l
!