EMachines MB K7MNF-64/1.1A - AGP Slot

Clubmeister

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2011
This motherboard appears to have an AGP slot (at least it is labeled as one) but when I put in a NVidia GeForce 5200 AGP card the system will not start up. When I remove the card and connect the monitor to the normal connection, everything starts up normally. The MB has an integrated NVidia G4 on the board and I have attempted to disable it without success. Any thoughts?
TIA
Clubmeister

Clubmeister

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2011

The card worked previously on a Compaq desktop....that system now has a bad MB so I was hoping to migrate the card to the Emachine. Thanks

Clubmeister

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2011

Since we can't see anything on the monitor and the machine is a quiet starter, we're not sure.
We'll need to do another test with the card later today to see if we can better answer the question.
Thanks

Clubmeister

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2011

OK..we just did a test. With the monitor plugged into the AGP card the machine never really starts...just the light on the power button is on and a few small noises and nothing shows on the monitor. With the monitor plugged into its normal place and the AGP card removed start up is normal, with lots of noise and the display shows all of the usual startup stuff. HTH

littlebill

Honorable
Oct 24, 2012

Check the speed of the MB AGP slot VS. the AGP speed of the video board. The MB could be a 4X AGP and the video board and 8X AGP. If that's the case she will act just like your saying.

littlebill