Asus P5q Pro Problem with 4 sicks of ram.

icrazycarteri

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2008
Hello all.
I have a Asus p5q Pro mobo which i have been running with 2x2 bg DD2 -800. Today i got my order from New Egg with my new case fans and another 2x2gb of ram The ram is the same as what is already in the computer..

Problems- I add the two new sticks for a total of 8g and the pc turns on, but nothing on my monitor. So, i thought to myself maybe one is bad. I took all the ram out and started the computer with just one stick in till i tested all 4. Everything worked fine.

So, I put my two old sticks in and 1 new stick, The computer starts to boot and when it gets to the screen saying "loading windows" it just reboots and keeps going.

Here are some things i have tried.

I played around with the timings to a 5-5-5-15-6-55-6 that i found in other fourms, That didn't change anything. I also set NB to 1.30 V and keep increasing a bit and decreasing, to no luck.

I really hope someone can help me with this I've looked everywhere..

System specs:
Windows 7 64 Home
Intel q9950
Asus P5q pro motherboard
2 4870's 1 gig.

D

Deleted member 217926

Did you try boosting the RAM voltage? Default DDR2 800 5-5-5-15 is probably 1.8v. You can try in .1 increments up to 2.2v.

D

Deleted member 217926

Your exact kit is not on that QVL. It's rare but that alone is reason enough for it not to work. You tried everything I can think of. It's actually common for a voltage bump to be necessary when populating all 4 DIMMs in a DDR2 system. That did not fix it though. You might try 2.2v just for the hell of it.

TRENDING THREADS