GeForce gtx460
Gskill ripsaw 8gb ram
M4 Crucial SSD 64GB
Samsung 1tb SATAIII
Asus dvdrw
Windows 7 x64

Edit: here is a clarification of current symptoms:

REAR USB 3.0 panel:
-All devices power and recognized in windows, INCLUDING my Western Digital External HD.

FRONT PORT USB 3.0:
-All devices EXCEPT my Western Digital External HD are recognized
-My Western Digital External HD does however receive power front the front 3.0 port, just not recognized in Windows 7.

Keep in mind that my Western Digital External HD is the ONLY device I own that is USB 3.0 compatible. So I can't narrow down if it is specific to a USB 3.0 control driver for the front port or if it's the front port itself?

ALL OTHER USB ports:
-All devices power and recognized in windows with no issue

snscpu

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2011

Interesting, I had installed these drivers prior. It wasn't until maybe 10 minutes after that it stopped working. I just installed it again and now the 3.0 ports work fine with the exception of the front port.

Current issues now:

-All devices work on the front 3.0 port EXCEPT for my Western Digital External HD, however this external HD DOES work on the rear 3.0 ports.
-The external HD is receiving power from the front port, but just isn't being read in windows.
(keeping in mind that this external HD is the only thing I have that supports USB 3.0. I don't own any other device to rule out if it's specific to the USB 3.0 interface or not.)

Thanks for the help!

soest009

Distinguished
May 9, 2011
NP.
You could still re-check the internal cabling to see if correctly fitted.
btw, those front ports are leading to the case right? are these fully USB 3.0 compatible?
Bad cabling or non compliant wiring can result into connection failures / bad behavior.

snscpu

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2011

Thanks again.

I've rechecked the internal cabling for fitment a few times. It's just one plug to one port, pretty straight forward.

Sorry, I probably wasn't clear in my OP. The USB 3.0 front port I installed came WITH my Mobo and according to Asrock, it is 3.0 compatible.

pepe2907

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2010
"-All devices work on the front 3.0 port EXCEPT for my Western Digital External HD, however this external HD DOES work on the rear 3.0 ports."
It looks like the only realy USB3 device doesn't work there when attached to the front pannel, am I right?

snscpu

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2011

That is correct. Also, to clarify, the front panel IS getting power to my external hd, but windows just isn't recognizing it.

Again, the other devices that I have tested that do work on the front panel are NOT usb 3.0 compatible, so I'm not sure if it's simply the front panel itself or a usb 3.0 driver issue? I emailed my mobo manufacturer to seek additional help as well.

Thanks everyone.

pepe2907

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2010
Do you have a rear USB 3 bracket? Or you have your rear USB 3 directly on the back pannel of the mobo?
If you have the bracket, what happens if you switch this rear bracket and your front panel USB3?
Do you check this: http://gigabyte-ga-g41mt-usb3-rev-1-3-etron-usb-3-0.driver.soft32download.com/
or this: http://gigabyte-ga-z68xp-ud4-rev-1-0-etron-usb-3-0.driver.soft32download.com/
drivers which appear to be for the same controller you have on your mobo, only newer?

snscpu

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2011

The rear usb 3.0 is directly on the back panel of the mobo.

I tried installing the newer Etron driver version in your link and the issue is still the same.

again, thanks for the help everyone.