Sign in with
Your question

"Instant Flashing BIOS"?

Last response: in Motherboards
March 20, 2012 12:46:58 AM

I have an ASRock 970 Extreme3 motherboard and some games give me the BSoD. Some one of a Valve forums suggested updating my BIOS. http://www.asrock.com/mb/download.asp?Model=970%20Extre...
That is the page for my mobo, but I don't know if I should instant flash. This article, http://www.asrock.com/feature/InstantFlash/index.asp, says that the instant flash software will detect my mobo model and only use BIOS updates from my model? If this is true, does it ensure that I have the right BIOS update model and won't 'kill' my mobo? Thanks for any help

More about : instant flashing bios

a b V Motherboard
March 21, 2012 4:14:45 AM

Don't bump your posts.

All "instant flash" is is their way of checking that the BIOS is compatible. its clearly stated in what you linked. but it doesn't matter at all. download the most recent BIOS for your board and flash it.
m
l
Related resources
March 21, 2012 4:15:46 AM

Ok, i didnt know that wasnt allowed. and so i just download the version on the page that says flash (not windows or dom) then do what? thanks
m
l
March 21, 2012 4:22:24 AM

seems like itll work. hope i d/l the right version. what happens if you dont?
m
l
a b V Motherboard
March 21, 2012 5:00:39 AM

if you flash the wrong BIOS it breaks. BUT if its for your board and the most recent version it should be fine. if you messed up and its not for your board that "instant flash" bit is supposed to not even allow you to see a wrong BIOS to flash it. its a safety feature.

Just fyi that feature isn't on most boards. so in general make sure you download the right one.
m
l
March 21, 2012 11:33:25 PM

Its on mine, the ASRock 970 Extreme3. I'll try that, so I dont mess up. Im almost sure it is though, I found the manual. :p 
m
l
March 22, 2012 12:34:00 AM

BAHAHHA I almost broke my mobo. I went to the wrong thing, but luckily i was instant booting, so it didnt show up. I d/led the right one and now it works. Thanks!
PS Whats "UCC Turbo?"
PSS That bump was worth it cuz it got this thread alive.
m
l
March 22, 2012 2:36:43 AM

BUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMP
justkidding,
guess what! It fixed counterstrike GO beta from bsoding! YAY (not portal 2 tho :( .)
m
l
!