Jun 29, 2010
I have a system I may have foolishly bought from Cyberpower. The system runs fine, but the graphics card is integrated and weak. The Cpu is i3 and I want to upgrade the PSU to about a 650w and get a new graphics card.
Question 1. How do I know if the PSU I want will fit correctly into my tower?
Question 2. How can I know if the graphics card I want is compatible with the PSU I want.
Question 3. I have an Intel chipset so how do I know what Card is compatible with that chipset.

Thank you in advance for any help with this.

dsM22

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2011
Question 1. How do I know if the PSU I want will fit correctly into my tower?
Answer 1. Most powersupplys under 800w will fit into both mATX and ATX formfactor cases. If you are worried you can simply measure your case and exsisting PSU and compare to the one you plan to buy.

Question 2. How can I know if the graphics card I want is compatible with the PSU I want.
Answer 2. Look at the information for the graphics card you plan to buy, it will tell you the minimum wattage and amperage required to run said card. Make sure the power supply you buy as atleast this wattage and amperage. Also take note of the power delivery the card requires (6pin / 8pin / dual 6pin / etc.) and ensure that the PSU has said connections,

Question 3. I have an Intel chipset so how do I know what Card is compatible with that chipset.
Answer 3. All GFX cards will be conpatible

EDIT: If you would like to post your system spec's and what you want out of your new GFX card and psu, im sure somebody will be able to advise you on a what to buy :)