Motherboard / Graphics Card

Ultimatepc

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2009
Good Day,

I bought an AMD Radeon 6870 1GB and installed it into my INTEL® "Classic Series" "Rockfish" G43 - Socket LGA775 @ FSB1333 Motherboard.
I have 4GB DDR3-1333 RAM and Intel Core 2 Quad 2.5Ghz CPU, 650W Coolermaster Extreme Power plus PSU.

The system works fine until I run the benchmarks or play medium to big games or even if I bench my system with the Windows 7 rating system, the pc will just crash resulting in a pc restart or my old hhd's broke.

When I replace the 6870 with GT210 OR 9800GT Graphics card everything works fine!!

So I replace my Intel motherboard with a Gigabyte and the 6870 works 100% or even if I put the 6870 in my fends pc it works 100%.

It seems like the Intel motherboard cant handle the 6870 graphics card but its brand new,....

any ideas on what i can do??

(I installed the 11.1 AMD Graphics drivers but that also didn’t help)

Seems that Its Motherboard related??

Helltech

Distinguished
Well judging by your post you have both Nvidia and ATI drivers, so I suspect thats the problem.

Use Driver Sweeper to remove ATI and Nvidia drivers both. Restart the computer in safemode, run driver sweeper again. Restart the computer, install the latest ATI drivers, see if that works.

Ultimatepc

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2009
I didn’t want to take a chance of not 100% removing the drivers so I formatted the computer every time before installing new graphics card and made fresh installs,....